PDA

View Full Version : Kings lose Webber and Pollard...

mcsluggo
01-28-2003, 10:50 PM
possibly for a long time.

the Jazz are such scumbag filthy turds.
Do any other three teams combined injure as many players as the Jizz?

(oh yeah, and Sloan got tossed for shoving a ref. He'll be out for a couple of games minimum)

Chiwas
01-28-2003, 10:52 PM
It will be easier our victory the next week.

MavsFanFinley
01-28-2003, 11:09 PM
If Webber is out for our game, it bums me since I want to beat teams at full strenth.

Still, I won't complain too much if he's out. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Utah beats the Kings tonight by 10.

LRB
01-28-2003, 11:33 PM
<< If Webber is out for our game, it bums me since I want to beat teams at full strenth. >>

Yeah we'll get a bunch of whines for the Kings fans that our victory over the Kings doesn't count if we actually beat them. And we won't get much respect from the media for beating a Webberless Kings squad.

But we play the kings on a 2nd night of a back to back with the previous nights game being a road game in SLC. The Jazz always play us hard especially in their house. We need all the breaks we can catch with this game. I just hope the Mavs bring their best effor, because anything less than that and we'll probably lose.

TripleDipping
01-29-2003, 08:33 AM
Actually I'm kinda upset that Webber won't be around to kick the Lakers' butt this Friday. Any news how long he'll be out?

MavsFanFinley
01-29-2003, 10:15 AM
<< Any news how long he'll be out? >>

Nothing official.

The papers here just have a quick blurb from Adelman about Webber's ankle. He'll be reevaluated today.

Webber told Adleman that he felt the best compared to the last 2 ankle sprains that has bothered him the last 2 seasons.

We'll see.

As for Pollard, he's expected to miss 6-8 weeks. Same injury (broken finger) as Bobby Jackson, just his right hand.

southern_sweets
01-29-2003, 06:02 PM
Just saw on ESPN that Webber is out 3-4 weeks.

LRB
01-29-2003, 06:05 PM
Ahhhh ain't that just a crying shame.

Just hope we don't do like we did with the Jail Blazers the othernight and blow a great chance with the teams top player out.

MavsFanFinley
01-29-2003, 06:09 PM
Yeah, I just saw that about Webber.

Wow, wonder how the Kings will do now? It'll be interesting to see how they respond.

The Mavs, hopefully, will take advantage and put some distance between them and the Kings in the standings.

DTL
01-29-2003, 07:03 PM
go keon! my fantasy team (well, one of them) needs help!

but seriously, hopefully the kings will still be pumped to keep the lakers down. i really don't want to see us matched up against the lakers in the first round.

BrianJ
02-16-2003, 05:42 PM
it might be time to start rooting for the kings now with Webber out. Just saw the game with the spurs. The spurs are tough.
At this rate we might have to get past the fakers and the kings in the 1st 2 rounds.

DTL
02-16-2003, 06:00 PM
and once we do that, second round against the spurs? the way san antonio's playing now...

well, the west is just incredibly tough.

BrianJ
02-16-2003, 06:20 PM
I am hoping that it goes like this
mavs
spurs
kings
wolves
jazz
blazers
suns
Rockets

The top 6 and possibly the lakers are all capable of dominating the east. The reason this happens is because when u have just one good team(lakers and are forced to play and beat them every year then it makes the teams in that conference so much better. Same thing goes for sports at all levels. Wish someone would at least make up a trade rumor this is getting boring

MavKikiNYC
02-23-2003, 04:37 PM
Does this look like Webber just passed a basketball?

http://graphics7.nytimes.com/images/2003/02/21/magazine/23webb.184.jpg

LRB
02-23-2003, 07:17 PM
<< Does this look like Webber just passed a basketball?

http://graphics7.nytimes.com/images/2003/02/21/magazine/23webb.184.jpg >>

Either that or just laid an egg. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif