PDA

View Full Version : Most Improved Player

Nash13
02-01-2003, 02:39 PM
Wasn't quite sure which forum to put this in, but oh well.

Earl Boykins is the most improved player of the yr.

Close candidates:
Shawn Bradley
Stephon Maubury
Brian Skinner
Jalen Rose

centrlpark08
02-01-2003, 02:42 PM
earl boykins reminds me of bogues, and what happened to him when the mavs traded for him like last season? anyways i like boykins and he deserves the Most Improved Player Award

LRB
02-01-2003, 02:50 PM
For MIP, I've got to go with Shawn. No other player IMO has had anywhere close to the positive impact that the Mantis has. The Mavs have the record that they do and are in 1st place in large part to Bradleys contribution. Shawn is the only major addition the Mavs made from the end of last season (Shawn just wasn't here last season, his body might have been but little else.)

centrlpark08
02-01-2003, 02:58 PM
shawn would be second no my list even tho he's a mav, but boykins is what 5'5? and he's putting up good numbers for that height.

MavKikiNYC
02-01-2003, 03:39 PM
Harping. End of discussion.

Murphy3
02-01-2003, 04:33 PM
<< Harping. End of discussion. >>

what are you harping on?

shawn bradley?..MIP probably shouldn't be given out to someone that has had an up and down career like bradley..unless he's having a breakout year...which, bradley has done what he's doing now in the past

Just211
02-01-2003, 04:58 PM
Troy Murphy or
Matt Harpring

aexchange
02-01-2003, 06:25 PM
cant believe noone has said ricky davis.

hes been playing out of his mind lately.

granted, half the time he is out of his mind, but hes still playing great.

madape
02-01-2003, 06:53 PM
Whatever happened to the &quot;comeback player of the year&quot; award. Bradley would have that one won hands down.

centrlpark08
02-01-2003, 07:05 PM
<< cant believe noone has said ricky davis. >>

OoOoO...........MY FAVORITE ACTION PLAYER!!!!!!!! I forgot about him..........I change from boykins to Davis now.

jayC
02-01-2003, 09:53 PM
Troy Murphy.
I think he has improved his rebounding and scoring by at least 5
He has 23 double-doubles that is tied with Dirk. He averages like 12 points and 10 boards a game. I would give it to him or Matt Harpering. Harpering is averaging 18 points a game on 50% shooting he could take the award too. Marbury always could score and rose hasn't really improved. Marbury already has had All-Star seasons. Rose already has won it not two time most improved player.

Matt Harpering wins it for me. Close to finishing the season as the only Jazz to avg more points per game than Karl Malone in like fifteen seasons. Enough said.

Others: Troy Murphy-double double guy
Antwan Jamison_ 23 points he almost has that go to guy look.
Bradley- 7 points 7 boards and 3 blocks okay as a back up to LaFrentz
Bobby Jackson- was shooting 50% percent from the field averaging 20pts per game before he got hurt normally 6th man but he looked close to all-star

Dirks Cuzin
02-01-2003, 09:56 PM
ONE NAME, SHAWN &quot;STORMIN MORMON MANTIS&quot; BRADLEY FOR MIP AND MVP

centrlpark08
02-01-2003, 10:04 PM
NO NO NO NO!!!!! ITS GOTTA BE RICKY DAVIS, HE'S LIKE AN ALEX RODRIGUEZ PLAYING FOR A SORRY TEAM? I ALSO THOUGHT HE SHOULD HAVE GONE TO THE ALL-STAR GAME BUT ITS BECAUSE HE'S PLAYING FOR A SORRY TEAM. HE'S AVERAGING 22.3 POINTS A GAME? LAST SEASON IT WAS 14 POINTS PER GAME? SO HE HAS TO BE THE MIP!

LRB
02-01-2003, 10:15 PM
<< NO NO NO NO!!!!! ITS GOTTA BE RICKY DAVIS, HE'S LIKE AN ALEX RODRIGUEZ PLAYING FOR A SORRY TEAM? I ALSO THOUGHT HE SHOULD HAVE GONE TO THE ALL-STAR GAME BUT ITS BECAUSE HE'S PLAYING FOR A SORRY TEAM. HE'S AVERAGING 22.3 POINTS A GAME? LAST SEASON IT WAS 14 POINTS PER GAME? SO HE HAS TO BE THE MIP! >>

Shhhh. No need to yell. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif If you go by stats alone, Ricky Davis has a great case. If you go by what he's done for his team, he has no case.