PDA

View Full Version : Odd signing

MavsFanFinley
02-05-2003, 07:15 PM
News

Detroit signed free agent forward Danny Manning on Wednesday, ESPN.com reported. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. Manning was the first pick in the 1988 draft, and he now joins his seventh NBA team. "We are pleased to be able to sign a veteran player like Danny Manning at this point in the season," general manager Joe Dumars said. "Danny has averaged double figures and shot over 50 percent throughout his career and we feel he is a great addition to our team." Manning a two-time All-Star, will be in uniform on Wednesday. Guard Pepe Sanchez (knee) was placed on the injured list to clear a roster space.

LRB
02-05-2003, 08:19 PM
Just wait. Now we will be inundated with posts calling for us to trade for Manning.

Murphy3
02-05-2003, 09:32 PM
just wait, next think you know, we'll be asking for some other board to take LRB off of our hands here

Drbio
02-05-2003, 10:59 PM
<< Just wait. Now we will be inundated with posts calling for us to trade for Manning. >>

Actually....I thought the same thing. Here come the Manning sympathists.

LRB
02-06-2003, 01:01 AM
<< just wait, next think you know, we'll be asking for some other board to take LRB off of our hands here >>

Gee Murphy are you trying to dump me to?

OutletPass
02-06-2003, 02:03 AM
Sorry, LRB can't be traded. He's a BYC player with a huge contract. So we wouldn't get equal value. On the other hand, murph's a vet in the last year of his contract, so his trade value is pretty high at the moment.

scooterj5
02-06-2003, 02:14 AM
Yeah but if we trade murph, we will have to activate Uberdirk off the injured list!

seelenjaeger
02-06-2003, 07:20 AM
how about an empty slot just in case another unknown European wants to sign up ...?

Epitome22
02-06-2003, 08:47 AM
I doubt Manning has enough of anything for people to legitimatly say &quot;we shouldn't have let that guy go&quot;

Another thing on Manning. No offense to ther guy, he's certainly a better player than I am, but what an underwhelming career. I mean, when you've been in the NBA 10 seasons and people still talk about your glory days at Kansas you know you've been less than overwhelming.

turbo.mav
02-06-2003, 08:53 PM
hahaha, I was thinking the exact same thing Epitome

MavKikiNYC
02-07-2003, 12:11 AM
<< I doubt Manning has enough of anything for people to legitimatly say &quot;we shouldn't have let that guy go&quot;

Another thing on Manning. No offense to ther guy, he's certainly a better player than I am, but what an underwhelming career. I mean, when you've been in the NBA 10 seasons and people still talk about your glory days at Kansas you know you've been less than overwhelming. >>

Poor Manning...he has knee ligament fragments in NBA cities from coast to coast.