PDA

View Full Version : More national media Mavs love

sturm und drang
02-07-2003, 12:31 PM
Front page of Money section, USA Today. This is two days in a row now that the Mavs have gotten feature story ink in the nation's most popular newspaper. Hmmm..

(I'll post the link, not the text, because the article is pretty long... at least by USA Today standards!)

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/technology/2003-02-06-noah-basketball-_x.htm

Ummmmm Ok
02-07-2003, 01:48 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/technology/2003-02-06-noah-basketball-_x.htm

BrianJ
02-07-2003, 01:51 PM
thanx ummmm I was way to lazy to type that in myself.

OutletPass
02-07-2003, 01:57 PM
Thank you, Sturm. I appreciate your post more than I can tell you.

BrianJ
02-07-2003, 02:00 PM
Thats agreat idea for shooting free throws.

sturm und drang
02-07-2003, 02:24 PM
No problem, OP. Reading USA Today cover-to-cover is my guilty lunchtime pleasure, when I have the time. Shhh, don't tell!

Quid pro quo: you continue to post Johnny-on-the-AAC-spot game recaps, and I'll dutifully post USA Today articles. I try to keep very good track of what the national media says about the Mavericks; it alternately incenses and intrigues me.

Pretty nifty invention, this Noah. With the slim margin of victory that dictates most NBA games, it's surprising more is not made of the Mavs' astounding FT%. This is another reason we should simply foul the heck out of Webber, when practical: the guy is a 56% FT shooter. 56%!!! When he's killing us-- as he did in the first time we met this year-- we should just send him to the line. Honestly, I thought the Kings' poor free throw shooting in the 3rd and 4th quarters Tuesday would cost them the game; after all, it cost them the Western Conf. Finals last year.

It seems like this is an area in which we are markedly, undeniably better than the Kings. We should exploit it more. Also, if anyone can explain to me why Walt Williams is accurate from 3 pt. range and pretty horrible from the line, I'd appreciate it. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

LRB
02-07-2003, 02:26 PM
Sturm thanks very much for the article. It's very interesting. Every little thing like that machine gives the Mavs a little edge over the rest of the league. I also think it will help us in recruiting FA's in the future. It will be harder and harder to compete with plain dollars any more. Each little bonus in facilities and amnenities that we can offer players will be a great help.

BTW I have a question for all. Without Cubes as owner does anyone thing getting that machine would have been possible. Say under Perot or Carter for instance?