PDA

View Full Version : Dunk Contest.

Dirks Cuzin
02-09-2003, 05:09 PM
Desmond Mason got robbed. I dont like Jason Rich, what he did in the rookie game was stup0id and unneccesary. Desmond Mason is a better dunker. Amares 2 big, next years, Vince, Jason, Desmond, LEBRON

FlyinGK22
02-09-2003, 06:02 PM
not a bad potential dunk contest next year cuzin. i want tmac in there too tho.

BrianJ
02-09-2003, 06:43 PM
I was looking forward to watching it but thought that it blew goats. I like the dunks on the fast break or over Stevie Nash as a prop. I will not watch it again until some freak of nature can do a flip or something. It was the same thing u see every year. The only thing missing was a ribbon keeping it from being gymnastics for Ogers.

centrlpark08
02-09-2003, 07:10 PM
That dunk j-rich gave was an impossible dunk for someone his height. I think amare screwed it up on his second try. Mason and rich are almost alike but i like j-rich a lil bit more. Richard jefferson was the worst dunker to me, he wasnt even close to what amare had to do.

Cipherous
02-10-2003, 07:46 PM
Richard Jefferson's dunks were horrible. On top of that, they weren't even creative.

centrlpark08
02-10-2003, 07:52 PM
I would like to see the nba allow the players to start doing there own signature dunks.

Just211
02-10-2003, 07:57 PM
I would like to see them go back to the old rules, and # of players as following(in 96-97)

NBA Slam Dunk Contest
Six players are invited to compete in the annual slam dunk contest held during All-Star weekend, since 1984. The players are selected based on “the creativity and artistry they have displayed in dunking over the course of the season.” In the first round, each player has 90 seconds to attempt as many dunks as he chooses with a minimum of three. Points are awarded based on “creativity, artistry and athletic ability.” Only the top three scores advance to the second and final round where each player gets two dunks each. First prize: $20,000.

centrlpark08
02-10-2003, 08:00 PM
Doesnt sound that good but at least theres more participants.

Just211
02-10-2003, 08:03 PM
more players , and with 90 seconds, instead of just 1 or 2 tries, players won't be scared to try some new dunks

centrlpark08
02-10-2003, 08:04 PM
ok now since you put it that way i'll agree with you on that.

LRB
02-10-2003, 11:45 PM
Should the NBA have a special Dunk contest for Shawn Bradley and Yao Ming next year. It would be 7'5" and above category? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

scooterj5
02-11-2003, 01:12 AM
<< Desmond Mason got robbed. I dont like Jason Rich, what he did in the rookie game was stup0id and unneccesary. Desmond Mason is a better dunker. Amares 2 big, next years, Vince, Jason, Desmond, LEBRON >>

Whut? Richardson's last dunk was up there in the all time best dunks. In fact, it's my favourite of all time. It was a between the legs, reverse, off the bounce! C'mon, that's crazy. And what was wrong with bouncing it off Boozer's head? If Boozer was playing defence, he should have caught the ball. He cannot complain.

FlyinGK22
02-12-2003, 02:33 PM
<< Desmond Mason got robbed. I dont like Jason Rich, what he did in the rookie game was stup0id and unneccesary. Desmond Mason is a better dunker. Amares 2 big, next years, Vince, Jason, Desmond, LEBRON >>

id have to disagree with u tho. jrich's last dunk was prolly in the top 5 of all time.