PDA

View Full Version : Sportstalk is a paysite now

Fidel
06-15-2001, 11:50 PM
Thats BS. Sportstalk is now part of espn insider and costs 5$ a month. Even if it will be the same site as it was (I doubt it), that basically means Sportstalk is history. Thatīs crap, I really liked their rumor section.

Flying Tiger
06-15-2001, 11:51 PM
If you like it that much...then just pay the 5 bucks

djb
06-16-2001, 12:01 AM
There's already a thread in the Lounge area about this (I'll move this thread in a bit). I'll be subscribing to the ESPN Insider and thus provide you all with any and all tidbits regarding the Mavs (and whatever else I think is interesting).

I agree with you though..SportsTalk is dead. ESPN just picked up what was left of the company after it halted publication due to financial problems. The new "SportsTalk" is simply a couple rumor sections added to ESPN's Insider segment.

Fidel
06-16-2001, 12:22 AM
The problem for me is that Iīm from germany, and a lot of people (me included) donīt have credit cards here. They are just not popular. We have another system called EC-Card which doesnīt allow direct transactions over the net yet. So if Iīd want to subscibe to insider Iīd actually have to pay the credit card fees in addition to the 5$, and the site would be alot more expensive then. Obviously Iīm not willing to do that, cause Sportstalk wasnīt <u>that</u> great, just a decent rumor page. So I think itīs just sad the old Sportstalk is gone, like many other good sites disappear these days, cause they are no longer able to earn enough money through web ads.