PDA

View Full Version : Bad Game

dallmav
03-05-2001, 09:12 PM
Well guys, I guess we got our ass kicked in the fourth quarter. Damn I hate to see that. Well I guess we had better get one on wednesday

Evilmav2
03-05-2001, 09:27 PM
Dang, I thought we were going to drop one against the Clippers or Grizzles, not the Magic or Heat. We had better take that Heat game... These are some of the last few easy games we are going to have... being outscored 24-12 in the fourth (and I know that's inflated by free throws) isn't going to get it done...

MavsFanFinley
03-05-2001, 09:34 PM
No one had a good game at all. It was a bad loss. Evilmav is right, these are one of the few easy games we have left before we play the Lakers, Blazers, Utah, etc...

Evilmav2
03-05-2001, 09:43 PM
I am an Eisley fan, but this shooting slump is really starting to hurt. Howard went 1-8 for 3 pts and 2 assists in 36 minutes tonight. Maxwell going 1-7 (3-9 overall) from 3 pt territory is also not so good...

Mavs#1Fan
03-05-2001, 09:55 PM
I might be a homer whiner, but I think the refs took us out of the game. The Mavs did not get a call from the Doc Rivers technical on.

We get called for blocking - Najera had half of one foot in the circle. A couple of minutes later, the Mavs get called for charging - the defender had BOTH feet inside the circle.

Nash drives the center of the lane and gets pinballed by three Magic players - no call. Outlaw goes over Dirk's back at the end of the 3rd quarter and knocks the ball out of bounds. No loose ball foul on Outlaw, possession to the Magic.

I could go on all night.

Jordan23TX
03-05-2001, 09:56 PM
We trapped toooo damn much. What did Nelson see in the scouting report that says we needed to trap all over the court. They have some good shooters & they seemed to be wideeeeee open a whole hell of alot. We need to a win against the HEAT. Plus, anyone notice that Eisley has begun to struggle with his shooting.

Evilmav2
03-05-2001, 10:01 PM
The experiment of Dirk at the center spot could get us in a lot of trouble. I am not saying that his playing the 5 spot lost us this game, but he was getting pounded in the paint, and Nelson had to limit his minutes in the first half because he got two fouls... That is something that should never happen. Dirk often gets in rhthym during the first half of the game, and then starts to assert himself when it counts the most... This business of Dirks' learning a new postion when we are playing our most important games of the year could prove to be a big mistake...

ReggieThetaChi
03-05-2001, 11:00 PM
You win some, you lose some. We'll play better tommorow.

ReggieThetaChi
03-05-2001, 11:01 PM
What up, EvilMav? Didn't even know you were in here yet. Yeah, I dig Eisley also, but gotta sit him sometime.

big_pth
03-06-2001, 12:01 AM
This was a poor excuse for a game...Bad on both ends, the Magic just nutted up at the end.

dallaslaker
03-06-2001, 10:44 AM
I have to agree with Mavs#1Fan. I really try not to be biased against other teams and refs, BUT it sure does seem like we getting a ton of non-calls and the other team gets some picky crap handed to them. I've been at the last few home games and watched the Orlando game last night. Just like Fan said, after Doc got that tech against him, it sure seemed like the were home-town-refs. Being unbiased, I do have to admit that the o-foul against T-Mac w/ him and Nash on the fast break was a bad call, but I still think we were down a dozen to one on the non-calls/bad-calls. It makes it extremely tough to beat a team AND the refs. And Orlando is a much better team than their record shows.

dallaslaker
03-06-2001, 10:47 AM
And on that note, I have to bring up Bradley. I'm not a Bradley basher like some people, but I am really starting to dis-like the guy. I can put up with wimpy play for the most part, but I cannot stand him whining all night long like a freakin' 2 year old. GROW UP!!! Geeze, yeah it's a bad call. Why do you think you're getting all of those bad calls?!? 'Cause the refs can't stand a 7'6" whiner!! Hell, even Juwan got into his face of the tech and was telling him to shut up. That could also be a reason why we don't get calls. I really want him to do good, but I'm getting sick of even watching him on the court after every single play.

inter1488
06-27-2004, 02:27 PM
bad game

inter1488
we got owned

inter1488
who knew

inter1488
good thread

SaltwaterChaffy
06-27-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by: Evilmav2
The experiment of Dirk at the center spot could get us in a lot of trouble. I am not saying that his playing the 5 spot lost us this game, but he was getting pounded in the paint, and Nelson had to limit his minutes in the first half because he got two fouls... That is something that should never happen. Dirk often gets in rhthym during the first half of the game, and then starts to assert himself when it counts the most... This business of Dirks' learning a new postion when we are playing our most important games of the year could prove to be a big mistake...

While reading these threads due to retarded bumps, I thought this post was really interesiting. Nellie still hasn't figured it out 3 years later.

mavsfanforever
06-27-2004, 02:37 PM
inter1488, stop it dude. Its annoying to see these bumps on old threads which have no resemblance to what has been going on offlate.

ocelot_ark
06-27-2004, 02:55 PM
Yeah, no joke...what's up with that?