PDA

View Full Version : cleveland cavaliers

FlyinGK22
02-13-2003, 09:12 AM
i think the cavs are losing on purpose, just so they can get lebron james. ne1 else think this is true?

Murphy3
02-13-2003, 09:23 AM
no, they suck

TripleDipping
02-13-2003, 09:26 AM
They can't win even if they try.

Murphy3
02-13-2003, 09:26 AM
that's kinda the point in this league..to try to win

Usually Lurkin
02-13-2003, 09:43 AM
<< that's kinda the point in this league..to try to win >>

wouldn't getting James help them do that?

TripleDipping
02-13-2003, 10:20 AM
<<

<< that's kinda the point in this league..to try to win >>

wouldn't getting James help them do that? >>

No... James alone won't help them. Helping them sell tickets and jerseys maybe but not helping them to win games.

MavsFanFinley
02-13-2003, 10:22 AM
Like Murph said, Cleveland just sucks.

If they do land James, he isn't going to add too many W's in the win column for them alone.

As TD pointed out, he will sell tickets and jerseys though.

Murphy3
02-13-2003, 10:24 AM
cleveland has some nice pieces..adding a lebron james could instantly take them from the laughingstock of the NBA to a 30 win team

i.liek.basketball
02-13-2003, 10:34 AM
true that murphy, if people cant see the instant impact lebron is going to make IN THE WIN COLLUM, they;'re crazy

ma-gaga
02-13-2003, 10:43 AM
hey with the randomness of the lottery, i don't know WHO (ny knicks) could possible get the pick. I mean really, with the way the (ny knicks) draft is setup, it's highly unlikely that teams would lose on purpose simply to get the number one pick. I mean what are the odds that (ny knicks) the #12th seed for the pingpong balls could possibly hit the jackpot?!?

Highly unlikely if you ask me...

Usually Lurkin
02-13-2003, 10:55 AM
ha ha ma-gaga. I agree. The odds of Cleveland getting the number 1 pick would always be too low, even if they could get all the ping pong balls.

Murphy3
02-13-2003, 10:57 AM
to be honest, i really hate the lottery system

TripleDipping
02-13-2003, 11:56 AM
Fans and media in NY will chew Lebron up if he doesn't instantly give them double-doubles every night.
By the way... I'd hate to see teams like Golden State, Denver and Memphis win the lottery. Those teams are already stacked and will be pretty good in the future.

Murphy3
02-13-2003, 12:18 PM
denver has a solid defensive future..but, they are still a question mark offensively

MavsFanFinley
02-13-2003, 12:45 PM
I'm not saying James won't make an impact in the league or give a bottom feeder team a boost in the W colum.

I'm saying that I don't think he's going to turn a team around, like Cleveland, his rookie year. They've barely been able to win 10 games this season, I don't see him bumping them up in the win column by 20 games. But, we are talking about the eastern conference.

I wonder how he'd be on a team like Golden State, if the chips fell that way? Or even the Knicks? Teams that have other players that need the ball in their hands.

Murphy3
02-13-2003, 01:06 PM
i don't think it would be just him that would turn the team around..i think they already have some good pieces but need just one more piece to be a moderately respectable team

TripleDipping
02-13-2003, 01:15 PM
<< i don't think it would be just him that would turn the team around..i think they already have some good pieces but need just one more piece to be a moderately respectable team >>

Good pieces? Like who? Plus I don't see Ricky Davis coexist with the Lebron. Having Wagner the quasi ball hog is a logjam enough. Davis will want out if Cleveland gets Lebron.

MavsFanFinley
02-13-2003, 01:17 PM
You could be right Murph, I'm just not convinced yet.

It wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong here. I thought Golden State, with the pieces they have, would be better than they are, even in the loaded west.

Z's health is a question mark. I like Miles, Davis and Jones. Wagner and Boozer are interesting. Throw in James it could be something surprising. Especially when anything goes in the east.

Murphy3
02-13-2003, 01:33 PM
of course mff, it's by no means a given...just my opinion..and yes, that is assuming the healthy of Z

BrianJ
02-13-2003, 02:23 PM
I also think that Cleveland just sucks. Hopefully after this and LBJ we will never have to see the hype about a high school kid (unless he is 8 feet tall and 450 pounds with a mean jumpshot). Cleveland sucks and will suck even worse if they get LBJ.

centrlpark08
02-13-2003, 05:11 PM
i think cleveland has given up already this season. I think that lebron wont get them to a playoffs seed but if they expect him to be a super star, then he needs a side-kick! Who would that be? davis, miles, wagner, and boozer? well those arent the players i can see that the cavs could win with.