PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Franchise player: Dirk,Yao T-Mac, Kobe, KG underclassmen

jayC
02-14-2003, 03:29 PM
If you had to take one highschooler or Euro who would you take. Nowtizki for his scoring and overall offensive game. Billy Donnovan of Florida said he would take Dirk Nowitzki.

Murphy3
02-14-2003, 03:32 PM
yeah, i heard that...one other guy said they'd take yao

Bayliss
02-14-2003, 03:38 PM
Out of the choices I would choose Dirk, then Kobe.

But where was this being discussed at?

Murphy3
02-14-2003, 03:38 PM
espn radio

Nash13
02-14-2003, 03:42 PM
I think it's that guy who's name starts with Dirk and ends with Nowitzki.

Dirk is going to win MVP.

Blonde Bomber
02-14-2003, 04:08 PM
Dirk should but wont...

look for Webber or Kobe

FilthyFinMavs
02-14-2003, 04:36 PM
Though I have posted my hate of Kobe on this board he is easily becoming one of my fav players in the NBA. HE is growing and maturing everyday on the court. Hate to say it but he is playing Jordan-like lately. Still don't think he should ever be mentioned in the same sentenced as MJ though.

LRB
02-15-2003, 10:22 AM
Dirk has the most potential of any player in the league IMO.

Nash13
02-15-2003, 10:49 AM
<< Though I have posted my hate of Kobe on this board he is easily becoming one of my fav players in the NBA. HE is growing and maturing everyday on the court. Hate to say it but he is playing Jordan-like lately. Still don't think he should ever be mentioned in the same sentenced as MJ though. >>

People think all Jordan did was score. Jordan played the game like it was supposed to be, you didn't see him jacking up 45 shot attempts a whole lot. Kobe has never led the league in steals, Kobe has never been on the NBA All Defensive team once, let alone 9 times.

FilthyFinMavs
02-15-2003, 01:04 PM
<<

<< Though I have posted my hate of Kobe on this board he is easily becoming one of my fav players in the NBA. HE is growing and maturing everyday on the court. Hate to say it but he is playing Jordan-like lately. Still don't think he should ever be mentioned in the same sentenced as MJ though. >>

People think all Jordan did was score. Jordan played the game like it was supposed to be, you didn't see him jacking up 45 shot attempts a whole lot. Kobe has never led the league in steals, Kobe has never been on the NBA All Defensive team once, let alone 9 times. >>

I agree. I Just hate it when people compare Kobe to Jordan and lately the media is comparing a high schooler in Lebron James to MJ? That one done it for me.

MavsFanFinley
02-15-2003, 02:13 PM
I would either take Dirk or Yao.

Dirk has made strides each year in the league, we're not sure Yao can do the same.

Dirk is a freak, but Yao has some potential to be. And in a time when centers are going out, Yao could be lethal.