PDA

View Full Version : What a Crock

Nash13
02-15-2003, 12:51 AM
Kobe Bryant is the most self-centered player on the face of this earth. Once he realized he could break Jordan's record, he decided to all of a sudden average 42pts, 46mins, 41shot attempts, Shaq's numbers have gone down, and the teams he's scored against are bad teams.

MavsFanFinley
02-15-2003, 01:34 AM
Tonight, at the half of the Sixer/Magic game, they talked to Kobe. The guy that does the halftime show with Greg Anthony was reading quotes from Phil Jackson. Besides the Jordan comparisons, Phil has given Kobe the go ahead to lead the team offensively. He doesn't want him shooting less, he's telling him to shoot more.

Um, you don't have to tell Kobe twice.

WayOutWest
02-15-2003, 03:42 AM
<< Kobe Bryant is the most self-centered player on the face of this earth. Once he realized he could break Jordan's record, he decided to all of a sudden average 42pts, 46mins, 41shot attempts, Shaq's numbers have gone down, and the teams he's scored against are bad teams. >>

Please! I guess that makes your entire squad with the exception of Nash and Finley are self-centered since Kobe had more dimes than everone in the last Mavs game with the exception of Nash in Finman. He's done that against teams that included Indy and Sactown. The Mavs are tied with Indy and in case you missed it the Kings have handed the Mavs their asses this year on one occasion and beat the Mavs by one with Webber and BJax on the bench. Kobe shot poorly because of the outstanding Spurs defense, most of his shots where contested even at the rim. Then again what would a Mavs fan know about defense anyway.

centrlpark08
02-15-2003, 09:12 AM
I dont think anyone here wants kobe?..

Nash13
02-15-2003, 10:43 AM
<<

<< Kobe Bryant is the most self-centered player on the face of this earth. Once he realized he could break Jordan's record, he decided to all of a sudden average 42pts, 46mins, 41shot attempts, Shaq's numbers have gone down, and the teams he's scored against are bad teams. >>

Please! I guess that makes your entire squad with the exception of Nash and Finley are self-centered since Kobe had more dimes than everone in the last Mavs game with the exception of Nash in Finman. He's done that against teams that included Indy and Sactown. The Mavs are tied with Indy and in case you missed it the Kings have handed the Mavs their asses this year on one occasion and beat the Mavs by one with Webber and BJax on the bench. Kobe shot poorly because of the outstanding Spurs defense, most of his shots where contested even at the rim. Then again what would a Mavs fan know about defense anyway. >>

Look you, why are you defending Kobe all the time. You know he's a ballhog. You talk about how many dimes he had compared to Mavs players, talk about how hard of a time passing and rebounding against the Mavs. Explain to me why he only has scored 20pts or over in the last 4 games against the Mavs. Explain to me who's in first place, and who's not in the playoff seedings. Explain that buddy.

jayC
02-15-2003, 11:22 AM
The guy is still unbelievable. 8 straight 35 plus games. I agree maybe he is being selfish, but maybe that is by necessity. Shaq hasn't been the same shaq as years have past, I believe he has slowed down. The Lakers thanks to there cheap skate owner haven't gotten better the last three years they have gotten worse.

Think of all the players they have let go over the years: Elden Cambell, Nick Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Horace Grant. That's almost a pretty good playoff team in the east.

I will give you a dirk tie when the game is on the line he should demand the ball. He is the most talented scorer on this squad and deserves the rock in the last minute of every game. If only to pass out of a double team the offense should run through My name is Dirk. And he should say of course with that german accent.

reeds
02-15-2003, 11:33 AM
here we go- someone bashing the best player in basketball- again! Geez- the haters just dont stop bashing KOBE on this board- it really amazes me.

He dropped 50 in 31 minutes- an NBA record- shortest minutes EVER to 50!!! And still the bashers...unreal....

Nash13
02-15-2003, 01:04 PM
reeds, not you to. Look who he dropped 50 against, The Nuggets. I bet you couldn't name their starting shooting guard. When was the last time Kobe dropped 50 over a winning team?

Nash13
02-15-2003, 01:06 PM
MJ didn't need 41 shot attempts to hit 40pts or over. Besides the scoring part, name one other part that Kobe resembles Jordan?

reeds
02-16-2003, 12:03 AM
SO Nash, what your saying is because it was Denver it takes away from the fact that NO player ever has dropped 50 in 31 minutes???I totally disagree. That has NEVER BEEN DONE-EVER!! All the years of basketball- Wilt,Lloyd B Free,Magic,Bird,Jordan,Moses,Kareem,Gervin,Mcadoo, etc,etc,etc...no one ever did it- and YES, those players also had plenty of chances against SHITTY teams...There is ALWAYS shitty teams on the schedule- always...that shouldnt and doesnt take away from what Kobe did- or what he has done the past 7 games...tearing up the league..

Nash13
02-16-2003, 12:17 AM
Reeds, you still couldn't tell me Denver's starting 2guard. How many shot attempts did Kobe take? b/c Wilt, Lloyd B. Free, Magic, Bird, Jordan, Moses, Kareem, Gervin, Macadoo, etc never had to take 45shots to hit 50pts.

So Reeds, how many of those 8 straight games have the Lakers reached 100 pts. Hasn't the Laker's Offensive number's lowered since Kobe decided to try to be like Jordan?

MFFL
02-16-2003, 12:33 AM
<< SO Nash, what your saying is because it was Denver it takes away from the fact that NO player ever has dropped 50 in 31 minutes???I totally disagree. That has NEVER BEEN DONE-EVER!! All the years of basketball- Wilt,Lloyd B Free,Magic,Bird,Jordan,Moses,Kareem,Gervin,Mcadoo, etc,etc,etc...no one ever did it- and YES, those players also had plenty of chances against SHITTY teams...There is ALWAYS shitty teams on the schedule- always...that shouldnt and doesnt take away from what Kobe did- or what he has done the past 7 games...tearing up the league.. >>

I would have let this silly argument slide until you threw Wilt in here. I'm sure that Wilt scored 50 in less than 30 minutes MANY times. But Wilt played 40+ minutes EVERY game during his prime. Don't go comparing that whiney baby of a Kobe to one of the greats of all time.

MFFL
02-16-2003, 12:41 AM
From http://espn.go.com/sportscentury/features/00131528.html

<< After scoring 41 points in the first half, Chamberlain poured it on, scoring 28 in the third quarter and 31 in the fourth despite the Knicks double- and triple-teaming him. >>

What do you think the chances of Wilt NOT having scored 10 more points in the first 7 minutes of the 3rd?

Nash13
02-16-2003, 12:46 AM
MFFL, i didn't think of that. It would have been impossible for Wilt not to do that the night he dropped 100. Unless he could've scored 50 in the last 18mins of the game.

OutletPass
02-16-2003, 01:11 AM
When discussing scoring, you ALWAYS should think about/research what Wilt did before posting. Oh...my bad...it was post by Reeds...scratch the part about thinking...Kobe-itis.

LRB
02-16-2003, 01:30 AM
<< SO Nash, what your saying is because it was Denver it takes away from the fact that NO player ever has dropped 50 in 31 minutes???I totally disagree. That has NEVER BEEN DONE-EVER!! All the years of basketball- Wilt,Lloyd B Free,Magic,Bird,Jordan,Moses,Kareem,Gervin,Mcadoo, etc,etc,etc...no one ever did it- and YES, those players also had plenty of chances against SHITTY teams...There is ALWAYS shitty teams on the schedule- always...that shouldnt and doesnt take away from what Kobe did- or what he has done the past 7 games...tearing up the league.. >>

Reeds so Kobe scored 50 very good. Great job. So he got some meaningless trivial record while doing so. What's you point. Kobe's shaved his head before and Larry Bird never did except for that fake shave in the potatochip commercial. Does that mean that Kobe is better than Larry. Not even close. Lots of players have scored 50 or more. Lots of players have scored 50 pts in less that 31 minutes. Players have scored more per minute that Kobe did while scoring more points. Take Wilt for example. He scored 100 in &gt; 48 minutes. Kobe would have taken 61 minutes to reach a 100 at his pace last night. 50 points in 31 mintues might get Kobe a place to kiss Wilt's ass without need for step ladder, but it doesn't give him much more. I'll still take MJ's 63 against the #1 seeded Celtics in the playoffs vs. Kobe's 50 over some crappy team that won't even be thinking about the playoff for a long time to come. MJ scored to help his team 1st and his ego second. That's completely reversed with Kobe. Kobe can only hope to get down on his knees and pray that some day he might, just might, be half the competitor that MJ was. Cause he ain't even in the same ballpark currently.

And not only is Kobe not the best player in the league, he's not even the best player on his team. That lardass center is still more vital to the Lakers winning than Kobe.

MFFL
02-16-2003, 09:31 AM
Wilt Chamberlain: The 100-point game will never be as important to me as it is to some other people. That's because I'm embarrassed by it. After I got into the 80s, I pushed for 100 and it destroyed the game because I took shots that I normally never would. I was not real fluid. I mean, 63 shots? You take that many shots on the playground and no one ever wants you on their team again. I never considered myself a gunner. I led the league in scoring because I also led them in field goal percentage. I've had many better games than this one, games where I scored 50-60 and shot 75 percent.

You can only compare Kobe to Wilt when the whiney baby can score 50 while shooting 75%

Drbio
02-16-2003, 11:30 AM
Whereas I love Kobe bashing as much as the next guy....you have got to be kidding me. The guy is a talented player and does amazing things on the court. Still...he's a drama queen with a sick sense of entitlement.

Hitman
02-16-2003, 02:02 PM
What are the odds of Dirk Nowitzki evertaking 41 shots in a game?

Hitman

WayOutWest
02-16-2003, 02:17 PM
<< Look you, why are you defending Kobe all the time. You know he's a ballhog. You talk about how many dimes he had compared to Mavs players, talk about how hard of a time passing and rebounding against the Mavs. Explain to me why he only has scored 20pts or over in the last 4 games against the Mavs. Explain to me who's in first place, and who's not in the playoff seedings. Explain that buddy. >>

I'm not so much defending Kobe as I'm calling you on talking out of your arse. FYI Kobe was 11-19 going into the half and the rest of the team was 3-18. Care to do the math? The reason the Lakers lost was because they where outrebounded, something the Mavs will become experts on in the playoffs. Shaq is hurting and couldn't put in the effort required to beat a team like the Spurs. In fact, Shaq is hurting so bad that he's considering going back on anti-inflamatory medication after he stated he wouldn't because of his Alonzo Mouring &amp; Sean Elliot fears.

Kobe was 7-21, 24 pts, 5 boards and 3 assists in 33 mins in the first game and 10-19, 27 pts, 9 boards and 7 assists in 42 min in game 2. What does that tell you? One bad off game and one solid game. Nothing too terrible and nothing great. SO WHAT. What's your point?

Congrats for being in 1st place so far durring the REGULAR SEASON, I guess YOU can be happy with that. Care to explain who's won the last three titles. Care to explain who's talked about as a dynasty in THREE DIFFERENT decades? Care to talk about who's won titles in 4 different decades? Explain who was at the wrong end of the second most humilating defeat in Lakers basketball history?

Please! You want to agrue the facts of Kobe play, fine with me, there's plenty wrong with it but just talking trash out your arse about him and his franshise is idiotic since no team but the Celtics and Bulls can even hope to compare.

reeds
02-16-2003, 02:30 PM
What are you saying exactally? NO- Wilt NEVER scored 50 in 31 minutes- unless of course you are all saying that ESPN is WRONG?? That is what they said- NO ONE HAD EVER DONE IT IN LESS Minutes!? OK- you guys are all right and ESPN-the best sports info. anywhere- is WRONG..now I understand.

And for whoever asked what my point was- my point is this. All this board does is DISS Kobe- and the fact of the matter is- he is one of if not the BEST in the NBA right now. And before he is done, he will be one of the 10 best to EVER PLAY. And you guys still keep hating.

IN FACT- one of you guys(i wont mention names) said there were 10 better then KOBE playing right now!! If that isnt the dumbest post I have ever read- find me one DUMBER!?!?!

reeds
02-16-2003, 02:34 PM
And MFFL- you CANNOT compare a 2 guard to a center in terms of FG percentage- you just CANT. Wilt was a man among boys- 80% of his shots were dunks and layups. So if your taking away from KOBE because of his FG %- thats a joke. Look at Iverson- MVP year he shot 40% or so..get a real argument...

LakerMania
02-16-2003, 05:31 PM

So Indiana, Phoenix, Spurs, Utah and Sacramento(the team that you currently serve as their b!tch) are bad teams? Do you think before you open your yap? The Lakers are 7-1 during Kobe's scoring streak, and the first game they lose in it you come out of the woodwork ranting and raving about a bunch of nonsense.

I'll just file this next to your Dirk is better than Duncan &amp; Shaq, Michael Finley is better then Kobe, and Nash is the best PG in the NBA posts. i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

Nash13
02-16-2003, 05:55 PM
<< What are you saying exactally? NO- Wilt NEVER scored 50 in 31 minutes- unless of course you are all saying that ESPN is WRONG?? That is what they said- NO ONE HAD EVER DONE IT IN LESS Minutes!? OK- you guys are all right and ESPN-the best sports info. anywhere- is WRONG..now I understand.

And for whoever asked what my point was- my point is this. All this board does is DISS Kobe- and the fact of the matter is- he is one of if not the BEST in the NBA right now. And before he is done, he will be one of the 10 best to EVER PLAY. And you guys still keep hating.

IN FACT- one of you guys(i wont mention names) said there were 10 better then KOBE playing right now!! If that isnt the dumbest post I have ever read- find me one DUMBER!?!?! >>

Well, it would have been IMPOSSIBLE for Wilt not to have scored 50 in 31 mins considering he scored 100 in 48 mins. That game did not go into overtime. ESPN has been wrong about somethings sometimes.

I'll admit i or at least i think i said there are 10 players better than him in the league(that sounds like something i would say), and i still think that. Garnett, T-Mac, Iverson, and others have been leading their teams to the playoffs without much help for the past couple of yrs. And without Shaq, Kobe can't even lead his team to a .500 record. So how about you explain that?

Nash13
02-16-2003, 06:03 PM
<<

So Indiana, Phoenix, Spurs, Utah and Sacramento(the team that you currently serve as their b!tch) are bad teams? Do you think before you open your yap? The Lakers are 7-1 during Kobe's scoring streak, and the first game they lose in it you come out of the woodwork ranting and raving about a bunch of nonsense.

I'll just file this next to your Dirk is better than Duncan &amp; Shaq, Michael Finley is better then Kobe, and Nash is the best PG in the NBA posts. i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif >>

Lakermania, welcome back.i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif! First off, please don't refer to the Mavs as someone's bitch, b/c the Lakers are not even in the playoff seedings.
Dirk is more skilled than Shaq, not necessarily Tim Duncan. But he's not as essential to his team than the 2nd place Spurs, and the 9th place Lakers?i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif! It's the exact opposite for Finley. Kobe is more skilled, but Finley has to have at least an ok game for the Mavs to win, Kobe doesn't need to have a big game b/c Shaq is there. And who said Nash was the best in the league? I know he's better than Derek Fisher.i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

MFFL
02-16-2003, 06:31 PM
<< What are you saying exactally? NO- Wilt NEVER scored 50 in 31 minutes- unless of course you are all saying that ESPN is WRONG?? That is what they said- NO ONE HAD EVER DONE IT IN LESS Minutes!? OK- you guys are all right and ESPN-the best sports info. anywhere- is WRONG..now I understand. >>

ESPN is frequently wrong. ESPN has in recent memory given Nelson credit for acquiring Finley and said Artest was at the center of the NVE incident.

They are also wrong about this. There is no way that Wilt did not score 10 points in the first 7 minutes of the 3rd. He scored 28 points in the 12 minutes of the 3rd quarter yet you think he must have scored it all in the second half of the quarter? Please...

reeds
02-16-2003, 07:24 PM
So if ESPN is wrong- they are wrong. All they said was it was the fastest a player has ever got to 50- in 31 minutes. And who knows, Wilt could have got to 50 in 32 minutes, and they fed him the ball the rest of the 16 minutes to get to a 100? All I know is what ESPN- Im not making the shit up.

As for the ten players better than KOBE comment- it wasnt u Nash- but to agree is just as stupid...

Nash13
02-16-2003, 07:47 PM
Very funny Reeds. That does sound like something i would say though. I was probably thinkin about postin it.

Timvp
02-16-2003, 08:08 PM
<< 2nd place Spurs, and the 9th place Lakers? >>

this is coming from a guy who's team hasn't gone past the 2nd round of the playoff's. and those standing are not going to look like that for long. the mavs better watch out cause those steaming spurs are right on there ass. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Nash13
02-16-2003, 08:20 PM
<<

<< 2nd place Spurs, and the 9th place Lakers? >>

this is coming from a guy who's team hasn't gone past the 2nd round of the playoff's. and those standing are not going to look like that for long. the mavs better watch out cause those steaming spurs are right on there ass. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif >>

Good way to make an impression rookie, by calling the league's best team out. As a matter of fact, the Mavs were one win away from the NBA Finals in the 80s, know you're stuff b4 you try to insult. Second, i'm sorry we couldn't win a championship with only 1/2 OF A SEASON PLAYED LIKE THE SPURS. Also, i believe it was that 2nd place Spurs who last yr were also knocked out in the 2nd round, and were swept the yr before by the same team.

For the record, i like the look of the Spurs team. If they are 3rd in the Western Playoffs, it could very well be Dallas/San Antonio in the WCF.

Timvp
02-16-2003, 08:31 PM
<< As a matter of fact, the Mavs were one win away from the NBA Finals in the 80s >>

woulda coulda soulda........ and that 1/2 a season crap that's 1/2 a championship more than what the mavs have. you keep on getting excited about your teams record that doesn't mean crap in the playoffs.

Nash13
02-16-2003, 08:35 PM
obviously winning the division title last yr wasn't important to the Spurs last yr.

Have a nice day

Timvp
02-16-2003, 08:42 PM
<< obviously winning the division title last yr wasn't important to the Spurs last yr. >>

as a matter of fact no it was not. after winning your division so many times you realy don't care about it that much anymore. but you would not know that since the mavs have suck for so long.i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Nash13
02-16-2003, 10:22 PM
So explain the kind of record the Spurs had before Duncan came?i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif. I remember the Rockets winning a couple more than ya'll in the 90s. I remember the Mavs taking one or two in the 80s. Like i said, know your stuff b4 you try to insult.

Have a nice day

Timvp
02-16-2003, 11:22 PM
ok let me see the spurs where winning before timmy came to s.a. the mavs won 1 in 86-87 the spurs from the time they came to the nba (1976) have won 12. the spurs won 5 in the 90's and the rockets won 2 in the 90's. like YOU said know your stuff b4 you try to insult.

and thank you i'm having a great day.i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Murphy3
02-16-2003, 11:40 PM
apparently, wilt has scored 51 in a 31 minute time period before.. he did it often..
now,..

but, kobe has been sensational recently...yeah, it is an eyesore to see it taking him so many shots (to an extent)
but give the kid credit..he's been great

BrianJ
02-16-2003, 11:45 PM
He threw up 40 tonight in a losing effort. Without Shaq his record is horrible. U have to wonder whether his teamates suck that bad ( which they might) or he is failing in some area as a franchise player. Not to take anything away from him but he was thrown into a situation to be a superstar. Given the green light so much has given him an advantage to improve his game over other players.

LRB
02-17-2003, 12:00 AM
Brian its simple really. MJ, Bird, Magic, etc. all had the ability to make their teammates play better than they actually were. Kobe is just the opposite, he has the ability to make his teammates play worse than they actually are. Maybe Kobe should just fake another injury.

Nash13
02-17-2003, 12:27 AM
<< ok let me see the spurs where winning before timmy came to s.a. the mavs won 1 in 86-87 the spurs from the time they came to the nba (1976) have won 12. the spurs won 5 in the 90's and the rockets won 2 in the 90's. like YOU said know your stuff b4 you try to insult.

and thank you i'm having a great day.i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif >>

Oh, i guess you got me there. BTW, are you sure it was the Spurs winning record that got them Tim Duncan in the 1st round of the draft. I didn't know winning teams get that high of a draft to get Duncan. If my memory serves me correctly, i think the year before the Spurs got Duncan, they went 20-62. Look it up. I think the Mavs had a better record that yr. If the Mavs did as bad as the Spurs that yr, maybe we would have gotten Duncan.

So 5 division titles and all they have to show for it is a half-ass championship? Not going to cut it. We went to 7 games against a 80s Lakers with Magic and crew. The Spurs only playoff series win against the Lakers are when they were without Shaq.

Know your stuff b4 you insult.

Hope today is the best day of your life.
i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Timvp
02-17-2003, 12:52 AM
<< We went to 7 games against a 80s Lakers with Magic and crew. The Spurs only playoff series win against the Lakers are when they were without Shaq. >>

once again woulda coulda soulda . so you went 7 games with magic and the crew and all you have to show for it is a lame ass division title oooooooo. i would much rather have that &quot;half-ass championship&quot; as you call it then some division title. but you should be one to talk what with your 1's of division titles hanging at AA. and FYI in 99 when the spurs swept the lakers they already had shaq and kobe.
you sould practice what you preach.
Know your stuff b4 YOU insult.

and no this not the best day of my life. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Nash13
02-17-2003, 12:57 AM
<< once again woulda coulda soulda . so you went 7 games with magic and the crew and all you have to show for it is a lame ass division title oooooooo. i would much rather have that &quot;half-ass championship&quot; as you call it then some division title. but you should be one to talk what with your 1's of division titles hanging at AA. and FYI in 99 when the spurs swept the lakers they already had shaq and kobe.
you sould practice what you preach.
Know your stuff b4 YOU insult. >>

FYI, if you followed the Spurs that half-ass year, you would have known that Shaq didn't play in that playoff series. Also, you were the one that originally started talking about division titles.

Know your stuff b4 you insult.

Have a better day.i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Timvp
02-17-2003, 01:11 AM
<< FYI, if you followed the Spurs that half-ass year, you would have known that Shaq didn't play in that playoff series. Also, you were the one that originally started talking about division titles. >>

i'm sorry bro but shaq did play so did kobe and glen rice i know i was at the dome and saw both games.

Nash13
02-17-2003, 01:16 AM
You're a bold face liar. Tops, all he played was one game.

Timvp
02-17-2003, 01:27 AM
i can not find a link but i am positive that shaq played all 4 games.

Nash13
02-17-2003, 01:29 AM
I'll take your word for it.

Timvp
02-17-2003, 01:32 AM
hey man with the way things are looking with the lakers. if they miss the playoff's it could be an all texas WCF.

Nash13
02-17-2003, 01:36 AM
That's what i hope. You know what Timvp, you're alright. At first, i just thought you were a troll who was fully of hot air. But you are the only poster i've met who actually was willing to dig up ancient history to prove a point.

(unsarcastically) Have a nice day.

Timvp
02-17-2003, 01:39 AM
thanx bro.... we will see a preview on thursday going to be a great game.

TripleDipping
02-17-2003, 09:30 AM
Group huggggggggggggggg... i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

WayOutWest
02-17-2003, 10:23 AM
To whom it may concern:

Shaq played in all 4 games when the Lakers got swept by the Spurs. The twin towers shut him down, evertime Shaq overpowered his man there was DRob or Timmy for weakside help. Kobe still hadn't rounded out his game, his outside shot was erratic. The key factor was Sean Elliot. A slashing scorer who could hit the open jumper. He's the type of player the Spurs have been missing for years now, the closest thing they had was Derek Anderson but he was hurt two years ago durring the playoffs and then traded last years. Manu Man is looking to fill that role.

The Spurs had very solid winning season behind DRob but he was hurt for almost an entire season and the Spurs looke terrible for a year and the end result was the #1 draft pick that landed them Duncan. DRob's accomplishmenst have been overlooked alot, he holds some rediculous amount of records and I believe is the greates impact player to ever enter the league in that his team had the biggest turnaround in the Won/Lost department.