Being reported

Payton
Desmond Mason
Kenny Anderson

For
ray Allen
Joel prybilla
Elden Cambell

this can't be all. Who is the GM of the sonics. yes our old favorite.....Rick Sund. Way to go Rick. Wow, what a blunder IMO

seelenjaeger
02-20-2003, 04:23 PM
this is a great trade for Seattle and horrible for bucks

Chicago JK
02-20-2003, 04:28 PM
I think it is a horrible trade for Seattle. Allen is a very good player, but he is not worth an all star in Payton and a very good prospect in Mason. Wow, I was going to give Rick Sund some credit at the beginning of the year for a team with a good record. Although, he continues to make bad moves that cripple franchises.

BrianJ
02-20-2003, 04:28 PM
Sonics look really good coming out of this. What do the hornets get though?

LRB
02-20-2003, 04:30 PM
Best trade ever. Rick Sund from Mavs to Sonics for right not to make dumbass trades.

seelenjaeger
02-20-2003, 04:30 PM
bucks gonna have payton (34), cassell and kenny anderson while losing one of not many big guys ... do i hear lottery?

seattle ship an old pain-in-the-ass and some youngster, to get an inside present and Ray Allen -> pushing for playoffs

LRB
02-20-2003, 04:37 PM
Bucks don't get Kenny Anderson, the Hornets get him SJ.

seelenjaeger
02-20-2003, 04:40 PM
k, got it ...

still itīs payton cassell redd thomas caffey now in buckstown ... and i still call this one BAD

Chicago JK
02-20-2003, 04:42 PM
They also get Desmond Mason who is a very good young player. Great kid too.

Chicago JK
02-20-2003, 04:46 PM
CBS is also reporting that Sprewell may be involved going to Milwaukee for Cassell.

Not sure why the Knicks do this.

Payton
Sprewell
Mason
Redd
Tim Thomas.

Nice mix of players. Although Redd could be trade bait in the offseason.

LRB
02-20-2003, 04:46 PM
Well the bucks also have Desmond Mason. If we could have traded Fin and AJ to the Sonics for Payton and Desmond Mason I would have done that in a heart beat.

The Bucks made out like bandits on this one. They get a western conference allstar guard and a super athletic up and coming swing man for a not quite an allstar in the Leastern conference and a retread spare. This is about as lopsided as you get. If someone had put this one out on the board a month ago, most of us would be clamoring to have it put in the Stoopid Trade Thread.

TheKid
02-20-2003, 04:52 PM
LRB are you serious, you trade Fin for Payton??? So we would have a line up at one point on the floor of NVE, Payton and Nash.. (And don't think for one minute Nelson wouldn't do it)

LRB
02-20-2003, 04:56 PM
Yeah Nellie would put that line up out there, but GP is a better defender than Fin. He's also a very good rebounder. GP would actually be a player who could play at a high level offensively and defensively.

But I wouldn't trade Fin straight up for Payton, I never said that. I said I would trade Fin and a retread spare for Payton AND Mason. Without Mason as the kicker, it would be no deal.

Nash13
02-20-2003, 05:02 PM
Bucks have enough G/Fs like Tim Thomas, Allen, Redd, Cassell, Kukoc. Spree would just contribute to that problem. They need BIG men.

Nash13
02-20-2003, 05:13 PM
it's official. Sonics trade Payton and Mason for Allen, Ollie, and another player.

What a couple of idiots. Sonics better hope that other player is Redd or Cassell, or that is one lopsided trade

seelenjaeger
02-20-2003, 05:15 PM
Payton is 34 years old and they were not going anywhere with him and Kenny Anderson was a no-achiever aswell ... all real value Seattle gave up was Desmond Mason

Nash13
02-20-2003, 05:19 PM
they also gave up the league leader in assist

MFFL
02-20-2003, 05:20 PM
<< LRB are you serious, you trade Fin for Payton??? So we would have a line up at one point on the floor of NVE, Payton and Nash.. (And don't think for one minute Nelson wouldn't do it) >>

I would have trade Fin for Payton and Mason. And NVE would have went to Miami so fast that his head would have spun.

Payton, Mason, and Grant for Finley and NVE. In a heartbeat.

grbh
02-20-2003, 05:24 PM
Not to mention with Payton's D, we might all even be able to stomach small ball.

Big Boy Laroux
02-20-2003, 05:28 PM
bucks still have a solid lineup.

but i sdon't see why the sonics do this trade. you'd think they would get some better players for what they gave up.

head scratcher from my point of view.

MFFL
02-20-2003, 05:37 PM
I just can't beleive that Seattle gave up all of their cap room for Allen and Campbell? And then threw in Mason to top it off?

I wonder what Lewis thinks of this deal. Wasn't he best friends with Mason?

Nash13
02-20-2003, 05:42 PM
Cambell had nothing to do with this trade

TripleDipping
02-20-2003, 05:43 PM
Dang double post.

TripleDipping
02-20-2003, 05:44 PM
Actually Campbell's contract is up after this season so the trade makes sense in the financial aspect.

MavsFanFinley
02-20-2003, 05:48 PM
Here's a little more clarification. Sorry if this was posted somewhere else. Too hard to keep up.

It's Done! Ray Allen a Sonic - BUT, the Bucks might not be done By Mike Welch
for HOOPSWORLD.com
Feb 20, 2003, 17:04
Email this article
Printer friendly page

The Milwaukee Bucks shook the city today when they traded Ray Allen, Kevin Ollie, and Ronald Murray to Seattle for Gary Payton and Desmond Mason.

Earlier reports had the Bucks then trading Cassell and Pryzbilla to the Knicks for Kurt Thomas. That deal appears to be nixed, however.

Pryzbilla was supposed to be shipped to the Sonics in the above deal, but after the trade with New York fell apart, the Sonics needed another PG and Murray was added to replace Pryzbilla.

Nash13
02-20-2003, 05:58 PM
that'll be good for Seattle. They will have a starting point guard in Anderson, and starting 2 guard in Ray Allen

TripleDipping
02-20-2003, 06:01 PM
What the hell is wrong with Bucks? Are they going after a complete face-lift?

LRB
02-20-2003, 06:05 PM
<< that'll be good for Seattle. They will have a starting point guard in Anderson, and starting 2 guard in Ray Allen >>

Wrong Anderson got traded to the Hornets.