PDA

View Full Version : Gentry Gone

Bookit
03-03-2003, 12:57 PM
Its about time. Clipps fire Alvin Gentry. Link (http://msn.espn.go.com/nba/news/2003/0303/1517429.html)

Lvubun1
03-03-2003, 01:35 PM
Its not his fault, he is nothing but a scapegoat. Its all on management, most of the team are going to be FA after this year, and when you know that more then likely you won't be back you can't expect 100% from your players. Plus who would have thought Andre Miller would suck so bad. The Clippers suck now and will always suck unless they can get some new management.

jayC
03-03-2003, 04:01 PM
A lot of expectations for the season. No results can't fire the players but can fire the coach should have a lot sooner.

TripleDipping
03-03-2003, 04:42 PM
The only thing surprising to me is that it didn't happen sooner.

MavsFanFinley
03-03-2003, 06:51 PM
<< The only thing surprising to me is that it didn't happen sooner. >>

I was surprised at first that it didn't happen sooner, then I realized I shouldn't be.

Why put a new coach in there sooner in case the team did turn it around?

The biggest surprise is that Miller hasn't had a better showing.

MFFL
03-03-2003, 11:58 PM
<< The only thing surprising to me is that it didn't happen sooner. >>

I'm suprised that Sterling didn't wait until the offseason. Why pay Gentry until the end of the year AND pay the new coach as well? That's not the Sterling way.

BrianJ
03-04-2003, 02:00 AM
Saw on ESPN that DJ is taking over this season. He said that the clips record this season of 15-36 is more of a problem then just its players. How succesful can u expect a coach to be that does not even have a clue what its teams record is? That was probably the dumbest coach statement I have ever heard, worse then Nellie saying we still got a chance to win this, during the tied kings game.

TripleDipping
03-04-2003, 08:47 AM
<< I'm suprised that Sterling didn't wait until the offseason. Why pay Gentry until the end of the year AND pay the new coach as well? That's not the Sterling way. >>

Since it's the assistant coach that took over as the head coach I doubt Sterling is dishing out extra $$$... unless he wants to shock the world by hiring a new head coach.