PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Worst NBA Anaylist

Nash13
03-03-2003, 08:31 PM
It has to be David Aldridge. He predicted the Hornets and Lakers in the NBA finals.

MavsFanFinley
03-03-2003, 11:26 PM
I can tolerate or tune out just about anyone, but Walton.

Listening to him is like listening to someone scraping their nails on the chalkboard.

Evilmav2
03-03-2003, 11:34 PM
David Aldridge is a fool... And don't forget about Peter Vescey. His television face time has (thankfully) been diminished, but he still spouts his stupidity in the NY Post...

southern_sweets
03-03-2003, 11:34 PM
Agreed MFF. Walton is the worst. He makes me want to watch the game on mute!

Chiwas
03-04-2003, 12:23 AM
<< I can tolerate or tune out just about anyone, but Walton.

Listening to him is like listening to someone scraping their nails on the chalkboard. >>

Hahaha. Good comparison, Lioness.

<< Agreed MFF. Walton is the worst. He makes me want to watch the game on mute! >>

Doesn't he speak on mute always? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif He seems to speak through his nose.

LRB
03-04-2003, 08:06 AM
<< Agreed MFF. Walton is the worst. He makes me want to watch the game on mute! >>

Unfortunately the mute button doesn't keep them from showing his picture or keep me from the desire to blow chunks.i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

Drbio
03-04-2003, 09:25 AM
Walton. Vescey is close.

turbo.mav
03-04-2003, 09:44 AM
I always get a kick out of listening to Walton. I used to hate him, but I've grown to be tolerable. Vecsey on the other hand is such a moron.

sturm und drang
03-04-2003, 09:46 AM
I have to say that the Ainge/Thompson crew rocketed to the top of my list after last week's game.

turbo.mav
03-04-2003, 10:59 AM
<< I have to say that the Ainge/Thompson crew rocketed to the top of my list after last week's game. >>

*shakes head*.. don't remind me. That was horrible too.

MavsFanFinley
03-04-2003, 11:09 AM
You know, I think I could listen to Vescey for an hour before I would Walton and that's saying a lot as I can't stand Vescey either.

madape
03-04-2003, 01:33 PM
OOOOOOHhhhh.. You guys don't need to hate on Bill Walton so much. He's the most entertaining commentator out there by FAR. He's a show in himself. I'd watch him eat Cheerios if they televised it. Sure he'll say a few things every game that should bug me, but I don't let because I know he's full of it. More often, Bill will say crap that cracks me up or makes me happy. During games, I always pay more attention to the post play. And I like how he's constantly commenting to big men, no matter how good or bad they are playing. The frankness of his opinions is hilarious. He makes it more fun to watch basketball games. I'll tune in to any game with Walton.

turbo.mav
03-04-2003, 02:27 PM
indeed madape, in... deed...

jayC
03-04-2003, 03:25 PM
DA is da man. Come on the worst it has to be Tim Hardaway, followed by stuart scott. I mean man, Yeah, that is the extent of his analysis.

Walton he is hilarious you guys need to lighten up its just BBall. Walton is like John Madden of the NBA. So over the top and sometimes insightful. Steve Nash is the MVP at the begining of the season. And then to say that he has less physical ability than Tom Tolbert cracks me up.

Nash13
03-04-2003, 04:09 PM
I don't consider Vescey a analysis considering he doesn't really analyze anything. He's more of a gossip queen.

David Aldridge would be just as worst as Walton if he was commentating. They both say stupid stuff with no reality to it.

Drbio
03-04-2003, 04:17 PM
<< I don't consider Vescey a analysis considering he doesn't really analyze anything. He's more of a gossip queen.

David Aldridge would be just as worst as Walton if he was commentating. They both say stupid stuff with no reality to it. >>

Great post Nash13.

BrianJ
03-04-2003, 04:38 PM
Walton Tolbert and Saunders are my favorites by far. These guys are complete idiots and they realize it, which makes it enjoyable to listen too. They are kind of like the Conan's of the NBA.

On the other hand Vecsey(sp.) is an annoying ass clown. DA has that I am smarter then u demeaner ansd then he spits out absolutely retarded info.

Ainge and Thompson are both terrible, the worst. They seem more into trying to get coaching jobs, to go along with that they know absolutely nothing.

I hate vangundy but the czar and &quot;give me your panties&quot; Albert are pretty funny as well.

TripleDipping
03-04-2003, 04:45 PM
I liked Christine Friedel... too bad she's no longer around.

jayC
03-04-2003, 05:56 PM
examples of stupid stuff when he is commenting. Come on not by far the worst nasty nash give me some examples. LA still could go to the finals, a long shot yes. The hornets could still be there in the leastern conference. But with Davis out who knows.

Who did you pick homer! The mavs right!

Epitome22
03-04-2003, 06:31 PM
It amazes me how many NBA analysts and journalists, even the ones with a history of playing and coaching in the NBA, seem to be so in the dark about the game at times. As far as ESPN goes, the only one who is the most consistent is Ric Bucher and I think he's just a sports writer.

LRB
03-04-2003, 08:06 PM
<< I liked Christine Friedel... too bad she's no longer around. >>

At least Christine was easy on the eyes, which is a lot more than most bozos that become announcers.

BTW I miss Willow Bey from the Inside Stuff.

Dirks Cuzin
03-04-2003, 11:08 PM
Im outraged, stop player hatin, Bill Walton is the greatest ever. His voice is like Jennifer Lopez singing, flawless, Jlos my girl, dont diss her either

LRB
03-04-2003, 11:16 PM
Actually I see a lot of simularities between JLo and Walton. JLo has a big ass and Walton is a big ass.

MavsFanFinley
03-04-2003, 11:22 PM
LOL, LRB. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

I have a pretty broad and odd sense of humor and still Walton does nothing but annoy me. He just loves to hear himself talk sometimes.

Big Boy Laroux
03-05-2003, 01:48 PM
<< Walton Tolbert and Saunders are my favorites by far. These guys are complete idiots and they realize it, which makes it enjoyable to listen too. They are kind of like the Conan's of the NBA. >>

i agree, brian.

and i hate ainge and thompson. they don't know what the hell they are talking about.

MavKikiNYC
03-05-2003, 05:07 PM
I nominate Musburger and Walton 69-ing each other.

EarlyGrayce
03-06-2003, 03:27 PM
Worst Studio Analyst is gotta be Tim Hardaway(he cant talk, and is always get rescued by the Host..who also sucks either Frazier or Scott).
Worst Game Analyst: Danny Ainge(seems unprepared), Tommy Heinsohn(Homer), Calvin Murphy(dresses poorly and rambles, he always seems surprised and gets way too excited in the booth)

Nash13
03-06-2003, 03:34 PM
Hardaway was cool with me until he started dissin the Mavs at the beginning of the yr(still bitter over the Denver trade). He can talk, it's just that his voice is annoying.

turbo.mav
03-06-2003, 05:04 PM
<< I nominate Musburger and Walton 69-ing each other. >>

lol!! For the record, Musburger is atrocious. Has he ever done an NBA game? I can't tell you how much I loathe his voice. I'm constantly shouting &quot;shut up musburger&quot;.