PDA

View Full Version : What is the deal with Askrabic?

jayC
03-04-2003, 06:31 PM
Is Oggy going to be able to sign with the mavericks or whoever next season? Will he put the mavs over the top?

Dooby
03-04-2003, 06:38 PM
This, actually, is a real problem. There are a number of NBA free agents available in the offseason that can help the Mavs. If we pursue Askrabic, how much is it going to cost? Nobody seems to know, but it appears a number of teams are interested in Askrabic, so it won't be cheap. I would hate to think our sole goal in the offseason is to add Askrabic.

nowitzki_prophecy
03-06-2003, 10:34 AM
im not sure we need Askrabic.
if we sign him,he would be more of a hot prospect than the Inforcer we need him to be.
we dont have the time to give him to develop.
maybe he could be a strong trading bait,dunno,but i doubt Mark is after him just to Trade him.

LRB
03-06-2003, 12:26 PM
Is Oggy another Rig? By that I mean anoter not ready for NBA player. How long will it take for him to be ready? Will he ever be ready? I know he's yonger than Rig, but will it take 3 to 4 years to develop him?

The Nelsons have had some very good success bringing in foreign players, however for every success there have been several failures. Might we not be better off using our exemption money to pursue a prospect that has a better chance of success than Oggy?

BrianJ
03-06-2003, 01:15 PM
Having never seeing any footage of Oggie i have no idea what to expect from him. LRB I think that is a low blow on RIG though. The hole idea that the crowd hates him alone gives me confidence he can turn it around next year with a preseason under his belt.
Lets see they booo Nash, Dirk, Mantis does anyone else see a pattern developing here?

FilthyFinMavs
03-06-2003, 06:46 PM
I think this is a real big problem for the Mavs. The questions are do we go after Rig with our exception and possibly develop him into a good player? Or do we go after a established nba player who can help us out now? I go for a established player. After seeing Rig out there right now I could care less if Askrabic were to end up a good nba player or bad. I don't even want to take the risk. I would give ASkrabic the vet minimum because I don't think he is worth no more. The problem with that is that other teams feel he is worth more. I just hope Mavs don't do anything stupid. I would love for Mavs ot be able to sign him now with there 3.9 exception and have there exception this off season.

LRB
03-06-2003, 09:37 PM
<< Having never seeing any footage of Oggie i have no idea what to expect from him. LRB I think that is a low blow on RIG though. The hole idea that the crowd hates him alone gives me confidence he can turn it around next year with a preseason under his belt.
Lets see they booo Nash, Dirk, Mantis does anyone else see a pattern developing here? >>

Brian the Problem with Rig is he is old by NBA standards. He has little athletic ability. And I've shot better than him recently. Honestly, he's missing wide open 18 footers, that I can knock down better, and I suck at shooting from there. But I do think the can turn the shooting around somewhat. Just he sucks athletically. He can't rebound worth crap and is a defensive liability because of his foot speed. Let's face it, Chris Mullin would have brought more to the table than Rig. Why didn't we sign Chris?

jayC
03-07-2003, 06:06 PM
But there are also plenty of Paul Gasol's, Ginobli, Parker,and Andrei from Utah. I think they can get both.