PDA

View Full Version : Best Analysist

Dirks Cuzin
03-04-2003, 10:02 PM
Gotta be my man Bill Walton, cmon guys, u cant hate on a guy that is one of the 100 greats, sounds funny, has his own freakin TV show, is the coolest player to ever live, wears tye-dye shirts, and says "THROW IT DOWN BIG MAN, THROW IT DOWN," How can u argue with that, U CANT

LRB
03-04-2003, 10:24 PM
I really think that Bill Walton's picture should be on all the barf bags on the airlines. But that would be like a self fulfilling prophecy.

Drbio
03-04-2003, 10:35 PM
Bill Walton sucks so bad even Vescey thinks he sucks.

MavsFanFinley
03-04-2003, 10:47 PM
<< Bill Walton sucks so bad even Vescey thinks he sucks. >>

i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

I could kiss you Doc, you too LRB. I'm so glad I'm not alone in my hate for Walton.

madape
03-05-2003, 08:23 AM
.. and we all know that Peter Vesey is always right.

http://www.magazine.org/newsletter/2002_5/images/Walton.gif

&quot;Throw it DOWN, big man. Throw it DOWN!&quot;

LRB
03-05-2003, 12:00 PM
<<

<< Bill Walton sucks so bad even Vescey thinks he sucks. >>

i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

I could kiss you Doc, you too LRB. I'm so glad I'm not alone in my hate for Walton. >>

Aw shucks mam, twert notin special. i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Big Boy Laroux
03-05-2003, 12:45 PM
BILL WALTON IS GREATNESS!

Ummmmm Ok
03-05-2003, 01:12 PM
Best Analyist: Tom Tolbert or Sean Elliot (tie)

mavs_afroman
03-05-2003, 01:35 PM
Vescey disliking hime lets me know just how great he is. He's not nearly as cliche as other analyst. He actually watches the game and then forms opinions. He doesn't come into games that we've had him saying the Mavs can't play D or rebound and just harp on that the whole game no matter what happens. He watches and if you suck he says you suck and if you all of sudden get better he can give you credit.

Also gotta love Elliot and Tolbert for enthusiasm and insight.

On the other hand, Nessler sucks. I am convinced that he has never watched a basketball game before this year. He has no clue about anything going on on the court or off it for that matter.

Big Boy Laroux
03-05-2003, 04:23 PM
excellent points, man. walton reseaches every game he does, and he just knows about the nba in general.

as opposed to ainge and thompson who just kept spouting the same defense crap all game.

walton knows his stuff. and he can admit when he's wrong.

it's amazing this guy could barely talk when he was at UCLA.

Hitman
03-06-2003, 09:34 AM
Best NBA analysts:

Peter Vecsey - I grew up reading this guy in the Post. He can be sarcastic but he has a knowledge of the game and connections others can only dream of. The 'Bill O'Reilly' of NBA sportscasters - he can be annoying but he makes a lot of sense (most of the time; OK, some of the time i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Bob Costas - I liked him much better than Marv on the NBC telecasts. He always adds a sense of the drama to the game.

Kenny Smith - Adds a voice of reason to the unreasonable Charles Barkley on Thursday nights.

Mike Breen - Again, was better than Marv

I also like the Czar, Snapper Jones (especially besides Walton) and Jason Williams before he killed the limo driver.

Hitman

BrianJ
03-06-2003, 12:24 PM
Bob Costas u got to be kidding me. I take back every good thing I have said about your NVE bashings. Bob Costas= a complete idiot who's only marketability comes from being way over excited and attempting to build suspense in a Cavs vs. Nuggets blow out.

As for Kenny Smith the only reason he seems resonable is because he is sitting next to CB. Does anyone else ever notice how his eyes are always shifted in the upper corners of his eyes. It reminds me of a very stupid animated evil dog who has just been fooled by Scooby and Shags dressed up as ugly cheerleaders leaving the room. Better comparison out there it drives me crazy that I can't put me finger on it

turbo.mav
03-06-2003, 12:27 PM
Gotta disagree there brian... Costas is a genius and really knows his sports. I think he makes a good commentator.

EarlyGrayce
03-06-2003, 02:21 PM
Walton is great cause he is honest and at least knowledgeable about the game and league. He seems to follow the league and provides insight on games other than the one in front of him. John Thompson can't get a sentence out in under 20 seconds. Ainge half laughs/smirks through all his analysis. The Czar and Van Gundy are pretty solid. I also like Dr. Jack on NBA radio. Bob Ortegal is pretty solid from a teaching/knowledge standpoint but he is a homer. Heinsohn is a huge homer, and always hated it when he did games in the 80's.

Best Studio Analyst: Fred Carter..very objective and very concise..he's been working on his game.

The best play by play guy is Jim Durham and Nessler. R.I.P Chicky Baby

The screamer &quot;Kevin Harlan&quot; is horrible. Every play sounds like a game winner.

Drbio
03-06-2003, 09:30 PM
<< BILL WALTON IS GREATNESS! >>

Sure, if by GREATNESS you mean sucks ass.