PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Milestone

MavsFanFinley
03-06-2003, 01:38 AM
Bryant becomes youngest to reach 10,000 points

March 6, 2003

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Kobe Bryant floated across the lane, tossed up a soft shot and became the youngest player in NBA history to reach 10,000 career points.

Bryant's milestone basket in the third quarter against Indiana on Wednesday night, his 14th point of the game, gave Los Angeles a 71-60 lead.

Bryant, 24 years, 193 days old, is almost a year younger than Bob McAdoo, who previously was the youngest to reach the plateau.

Bryant came straight into the NBA out of high school and played his first NBA game when he was 18 years and about two months old. McAdoo made his debut at 21 and was 25 and about five months when he hit 10,000.

Bryant's teammate, Shaquille O'Neal, is third on the youngest-to-10,000 list. He also was 25, but 193 days older than McAdoo when he reached the mark. Michael Jordan is fourth at 25 years, 343 days, with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar fifth, just one day older than Jordan was.

Tony tha Mavs fan
03-06-2003, 03:04 AM
Even though i'm not the biggest fan of Kobe Bryant, he's defintely going to be one of the best players to ever play the game. Watching him play is going to be something I might be telling my kids, years from now.