PDA

View Full Version : The East

ames7
03-12-2003, 02:42 AM
Just out of curiosity, what do you guys think the East will look like for the play-offs? Who goes to the Finals?

E Standings (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/standings) as of 03/12:
1.) Detroit
2.) NJ (1 game back)
3.) Indy
4.) Phili (1 back)
5.) Boston
6.) NO
7.) Orlando
8.) Milwaukee
---
9.) Washington (1 game back)

It's all very close right now, none of this 3-5 game lead thing we've got in the West. And one other thing: they all suck. Pistons/NJ/Indy all in free fall since the break. Nets got steamrolled during their forray into the Texas Triangle. The only team looking (extremely) good is the Sixers, who are 11-2 since the break.

Also, question. Is it a given that whoever wins the West will win the Finals?

Murphy3
03-12-2003, 10:38 AM
i'd say the probabilities of the team coming out of the west winning the finals is around 95% or higher

TripleDipping
03-12-2003, 10:53 AM
Don't know why but I always love watching the East playoff games.
"Battles of the weakest."

jayC
03-12-2003, 01:46 PM
I think the Pacers would provide the most competetive team against the west. They have size, shooting, and defense.

BrianJ
03-12-2003, 02:54 PM
This will probably not sit well with the members here, I hope MJ does not make it to the playoffs. Its sickening to watch "the MJ report nightly on ESPN" it also breeds retards in the media. They are not going to win a championship move on. Also for people who say Kobe is the next MJ, I completely agree with you on that off the court wise, Kobe just has to learn to manipulate the media and then he is an MJ clone off the court.

BrianJ
03-12-2003, 02:56 PM
Indy or Detroit, Orlando as a possible upset.

MavsFanFinley
03-12-2003, 11:48 PM
I think the Pacers are the team to beat, if only Artest could play hard and smart. And quit the antics, something that doesn't seem likely at this time though.

Sixers are playing extremely well right now as well. And Detroit has been pretty solid all year.

Still, it doesn't matter, whoever comes out of the West, is taking the Finals.

jayC
03-14-2003, 11:26 AM
Thats what is going to be like if Emmitt goes to arizona it will be called the smith report and we will be whipped by it every game.

Drbio
03-14-2003, 12:44 PM
<< Thats what is going to be like if Emmitt goes to arizona it will be called the smith report and we will be whipped by it every game. >>

Oh dear lord I hadn't thought about that. Ugh.

Murphy3
03-14-2003, 03:19 PM
hey brian..why don't you go get suspended
most of us like following jordan