PDA

View Full Version : Riddle me this

sturm und drang
03-12-2003, 10:39 AM
Chicago 116, LA Lakers 99

Chicago has now beaten LA 3 out of the last 4 times they've played.

?

MavsFanFinley
03-12-2003, 10:41 AM
I couldn't believe it when I saw the score last night.

I cannot understand how Chicago does it.

Rhylan
03-12-2003, 10:52 AM
mental, mental, mental. no fear in the Bulls. no respect in the Lakers.

young athleticism doesn't hurt Chicago on the boards, either, I'm sure.

TripleDipping
03-12-2003, 10:59 AM
The game was on WGN yesterday and I was fortunate enough to watch it. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

The Bulls were shooting lights out yesterday... 12/15 in 3pts attempts!! Jalen Rose and Jamal Crawford were hot and the perimeter defense from the Lakers was just atrocious. Actually that game kinda reminded me the latest Mavs/Wolves game.

The tall ball combo of Curry/Chandler/Marshall dominated the Lakers and defended Shaq very well. Shaq couldn't get himself into his comfort zone in the paint and were limited to just 11 shot attempts!

All in all, good game to watch during dinner time. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

MavKikiNYC
03-12-2003, 11:26 AM
No. It's impossible. Shaq can't be defended. Everybody knows that. You have to draw him away from the basket. That's a team's only hope.

sturm und drang
03-12-2003, 12:03 PM
Whatever it was-- exceptional shooting, defensive breakdown by the Lakers, etc.-- I sincerely hope Nellie, Donnie, et al. really study these Chicago/LA games. When an undeniably less-talented team like Chicago can beat LA three out of four times, the Bulls are doing something right with their strategy and gameplan.

TripleDipping
03-12-2003, 12:06 PM
<< No. It's impossible. Shaq can't be defended. Everybody knows that. You have to draw him away from the basket. That's a team's only hope. >>

I kid you not Mavskiki! Maybe Shaq was a bit off yesterday and wasn't very aggressive but I seldom saw him doing his thing in the paint. Curry and Chandler ganged up on him pretty well to deny him the ball and they boxed Shaq out to get rebounds. Whenever Shaq did get the ball deep they would just foul him.

How could anyone like Chandler or Curry lure Shaq out of the paint?? Not like those two are long-range bombers.

MavKikiNYC
03-12-2003, 12:22 PM
You mean LaFrentz isn't the perfect counter to Shaq?

Murphy3
03-12-2003, 12:27 PM
i like the sarcasm mavskiki

TripleDipping
03-12-2003, 12:36 PM
<< i like the sarcasm mavskiki >>

Ermm... actually I was about to say yes. i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

WayOutWest
03-12-2003, 01:48 PM
I guess the Bulls have the 2000 WCF on tape. Containing Shaq is no big secret.

jayC
03-12-2003, 03:12 PM
The bulls shot 55% from the field and 80 % from the three point land Eddy Curry had 20 points and 6 boards and Shaq had 13 point kobe give shaq the damn ball.

The lakers thought they could show up and win much like the mavs when they played golden state on a back to back after they lost by two to golden state. I don't think the lakers take the bulls seriously would you.

MavsFanFinley
03-12-2003, 11:54 PM
<< I don't think the lakers take the bulls seriously would you. >>

Thing is, there are nights when a team doesn't take the oponent seriously for whatever reason. And they end up embarrassed for it sometimes, win or lose.

But, this is 3 games now that the Bulls have upset the Lakers. It has to be a bit more than the Lakers not taking them seriously, imo.

Evilmav2
03-13-2003, 04:36 PM
I was lucky enought to have watched that game on WGN... It was a good illustration of what can happen to the Lakers when their role players are completely outclassed. The &quot;merry minimums&quot; of the Lakers could not handle inexperienced, but very talented players like Curry, Crawford, and Chandler and were thus gutted by them...

LRB
03-13-2003, 09:48 PM
The Bulls obviously need to hire Nellie as coach. With Nellie they would get 30 to 40 additional wins per year, put would fail to hold off LA from coming back to win in the 4 after being down 19.