PDA

View Full Version : Isiah Thomas's quotes on Nellie

Yushi
03-12-2003, 11:35 PM
I read an article on Sports Illustrated about Pacers' lost to Philly and found some interesting/funny quotes:

Thomas pins the blame for the close officiating on Dallas Mavericks' coach Don Nelson.

According to Thomas, Nelson has been publicly critical of what he perceives as rough play by the Pacers, who have lost six in a row and 12 of 13.

"I have to give Don Nelson a lot of credit, he really put it to us," said Thomas. "I think our games are definitely officiated differently now. Nellie, you're the best."

TripleDipping
03-13-2003, 08:31 AM
I heard what Thomas said in NBA 2nite on ESPN2 yesterday night too. What a crock. As if Don Nelson's speech would have influenced the entire freaking league. Besides, it's not like the goon crew in Indiana has been behaving themselves.

MavKikiNYC
03-13-2003, 08:38 AM
So if Nellie holds such sway with Joey Crawford, Steve Javie, Ronnie Garretson, Dan Crawford, Ed Rush, et al, maybe he should put in a word about how Dirk usually gets butchered taking the ball to the hole.

Drbio
03-13-2003, 10:02 AM
<< So if Nellie holds such sway with Joey Crawford, Steve Javie, Ronnie Garretson, Dan Crawford, Ed Rush, et al, maybe he should put in a word about how Dirk usually gets butchered taking the ball to the hole. >>

Great post. Dirk gets mauled on a nightly basis with no respect from the zebras.