PDA

View Full Version : Shaq: Comments regarding Bibby's "(explitive) punk-(explitive)"

Evilmav2
03-17-2003, 01:13 AM
Hahaha... I really can't say I can disagree with Mr. O'Neal's view of Bibby's selection for the USA Olympic squad. At least not when greater talents like Steve Francis and Iverson both want to play, and are being left off the squad.

Although, I do hope Shaq is being fascetious about not playing though (as he often is in his amusing quotes). Shaq's not playing for the reasons stated, would be somewhat less than respectable on his part...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
O'Neal said Sacramento guard Mike Bibby is unworthy of being chosen by USA Basketball for the latest international team.
"How did Mike Bibby get on the team?" O'Neal asked.

"Any Cub Scout with Boy Scouts can do Boy Scout-ish things," O'Neal said. "When the (expletive) was in the Cub Scouts, he was a Cub Scout. When the (expletive) was with Vancouver, nobody heard about his (expletive) punk-(expletive). Now that he's with Sacramento, that's some (expletive) that he's on the (U.S.) team. I ain't goin'."

For those who wonder what right O'Neal has to pass judgment on the selections given his decision to spend the next two summers with his family rather than play internationally, O'Neal said: "I gave them a chance. Make sure my boy (Lakers coach Phil Jackson) goes out (to coach Team USA)."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://games.espn.go.com/news/photos/nba/011231_bibby2.jpg
"Any Cub Scout with Boy Scouts can do Boy Scout-ish things,"

nowitzki_prophecy
03-17-2003, 08:22 AM
are you sure Franchise and Iverson even wanted to go?that was the problem with the World Championship.
if so,it really is unfair.
as much as i think Mike is a great player,Franchise and Iverson are better.

TripleDipping
03-17-2003, 09:37 AM
Mind citing your source, Evilmav?

MavsFanFinley
03-17-2003, 11:02 AM
I'm not sure where EvilMav got this paticular link, but it's true.

This is what I was talking about in the Mavs-Kings game thread before the game even started.

They had part of the quote up there and DA was the one reporting it. Then they asked Bibby what he thought. He basically said he doesn't pay attention to what Shaq says anymore, blah, blah.

As for why he made it over guys like Iverson and Francis? I think the US team wants solid guys on and off the court. And they don't want selfish players. That's one of the reasons Paul Pierce and Baron Davis were slammed in the World games. They weren't willing to play a team game. So, even though Iverson and Francis have made it known they want to play, they'll most likely be overlooked.

TripleDipping
03-17-2003, 11:14 AM
I thought Bibby was Shaq's "homeboy"?? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
Not sure about Francis but I do think Iverson deserves the make the team. He is what he is because nobody in the Sixers' team is a consistent scorer.

Murphy3
03-17-2003, 12:48 PM
hilarious

Kevink00012
03-17-2003, 02:03 PM
I don't agree with Bibby's selection either, there are plenty of other American PG's better than Bibby. Kidd, Payton, Francis for starters.

Kevink00012
03-17-2003, 02:06 PM
Oh, another thing Ray Allen is playing the point some in Seattle.

MavsFanFinley
03-17-2003, 02:18 PM
KevinK, Kidd and Allen are already on the team.

So, Bibby really only beat out Francis, Payton and Iverson.

TripleDipping
05-14-2003, 03:00 PM
Shaq sounds like a freakin' genius right about now.

Evilmav2
05-14-2003, 03:12 PM
Any Cub Scout with Boy Scouts can do Boy Scout-ish things," O'Neal said. "When the (expletive) was in the Cub Scouts, he was a Cub Scout. When the (expletive) was with Vancouver, nobody heard about his (expletive) punk-(expletive).

http://members.aol.com/lwjones/scouts/floyd/scout.gif
[b]Bibby hasn't earned any merit badges in this year's series[/i]

mavsfanforever
05-14-2003, 03:19 PM
NVE deserves it more than Bibby. Hell even Bobby deserves it more than Bibby.