PDA

View Full Version : Bulls

Flying Tiger
06-28-2001, 11:56 PM
I just wanted to open this for discussion in a new thread. What were they thinking!? I think that it was one of the stupidest moves I have ever seen. If anyone thinks the trade was a good idea please post why and if you agree with me, post that too(it makes me feel good).

djb
06-29-2001, 12:00 AM
I think a trade was needed because they obviously weren't going anywhere with Brand. The guy's a terrific player but when your team consistently posts losing records, there has to be a change.

Flying Tiger
06-29-2001, 12:02 AM
I know they need to rebuild(again)...but I can't think of a more talented young player to do that around than Brand.

djb
06-29-2001, 12:08 AM
Yea I think they should have tried trading him for a more proven/established player. Chandler will be good, but he's still just a rookie. The Clips definitely got the better end of the deal.

Murphy3
06-29-2001, 08:04 AM
well, it will be 3-4 years before we actually know who got the better end of the deal.. you never know, all of the guys that the bulls got could turn out to be solid players....we just don't know yet.
but, yes, the clips do look to be much improved

TheKid
06-29-2001, 05:20 PM
I think the Clippers just made themselves a .500 ball club by getting Brand there.

Mavinator
06-29-2001, 06:43 PM
The Clip Show was already over .500 towards the end of the season, once Point-A-Minute Piatkowski solidified the rotation. With Brand in and Phoenix, Utah, and Portland blowing up, the Clippers are a playoff team...

Flying Tiger
06-29-2001, 11:45 PM
When the Clips' coach(his name slipped my mind) was asked if this move made them a play-off contender he said, "If it didn't, you will probably see someone else in my spot next year."