4 Minn 46 26 .639 8
5 Portland 44 26 .629 9
6 Utah 41 29 .586 12
7 Lakers 40 30 .571 13 h
8 Houston 37 33 .529 16

Phoenix 36 34 .514 17
Gol.St. 34 37 .479 19
Seattle 33 36 .478 19

Sac has gained 2 games and SA 2 1/2 in the last month (14 Mav Games)

We have 12 games remaining, including tonight's upcoming game vs. the Clips.

* Standings are updated with the completion of each game.
x- Clinched playoff berth.
y- Clinched division title.
z- Clinched conference title.

Seeding tiebreakers
The top eight teams in each conference qualify for the playoffs. The division winner with the best record in each conference is seeded No. 1, the other division winner is seeded No. 2 and the remaining six teams are seeded Nos. 3 - 8 according to their won-lost records. (Home-court advantage in all playoff series is determined by better won-lost record, not higher seeding.)
In the event two or more teams are tied in the standings, a series of tiebreakers are applied to determine which team receives the higher seeding.

Two-Team Tiebreaker
1. Better record in head-to-head games
2. Higher winning percentage in conference games
3. Higher winning percentage within division (if teams are in the same division)
4. Higher winning percentage against playoff teams in own conference
5. Higher winning percentage against playoff teams in opposite conference
6. Higher point differential between points scored and points allowed

Three-Team Tiebreaker
1. Best head-to-head winning percentage among all teams tied
2. Highest winning percentage in conference games
3. Highest winning percentage within division (if teams are in the same division)
4. Highest winning percentage against playoff teams in own conference
5. Highest point differential between points scored and points allowed

ames7
03-26-2003, 02:24 PM
I said before I thought Sacto is no longer a threeat for the 1 seed. I'm going to stick to that, even though they've got a decent schedule left (3 lottery-bound + Seattle, Boston, & the Wiz). I'm also sticking to us staying over SA b/c I think we'll win the last match-up. I think Houston will edge Phoenix b/c they're starting to wake up a little & pick up some momentum. And I think Utah & LA will switch places again. So my new prediction is:

1.) Mavs
2.) Sacto
3.) SA
4.) Wolves
5.) Blazers
6.) LA
7.) Utah
8.) Houston

Ooh. Me gusta. What nice match-ups. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

MavsFanFinley
03-26-2003, 06:24 PM
01. Dallas
02. Sacramento
03. San Antonio
04. Minnesota
05. Portland
06. LA
07. Utah
08. Houston

Same guess as Ames. I'm a little iffy about the 6, 7, 8. Houston won't sneak into the 6th seed, but I can see them moving up to the 7th spot. Especially if they gain momentum by beating the Lakers tonight. And it would be just like the Lakers to lose some games to end up facing us in the first round.

The only real bummer about all this, Golden State blew their chances with the loss to Cleveland. Next season, they must make a run before the 2nd half of the season starts.

Kevink00012
03-26-2003, 06:53 PM
Yeah, but if Houston loses tonight I wouldn't be surprised to see Phoenix sneak in.

ames7
03-26-2003, 06:59 PM
Yeah, that's too bad about GS. I really thought they had a shot there. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif Next year, next year. I don't think Houston will move higher than 8 b/c they have failed to resemble anything near consistent all year. It's really annoying.

MavsFanFinley
03-26-2003, 09:40 PM
<< Yeah, but if Houston loses tonight I wouldn't be surprised to see Phoenix sneak in. >>

Obviously, I'm wanting to face Houston first. But, if Phoenix were to be the team to land the 8th seed, I wouldn't care. I don't think we'd have a problem there either.

I'm just more concerned about the Lakers falling to the 8th spot so they can face us in the first round. They don't want anything to do with SA or Sacramento, imo. But, they know they can beat us.

OutletPass
03-27-2003, 12:20 AM
I'm really concerned with the #1 seed...I think we'll do it.

Come hell or high oatmeal.

DwD
03-27-2003, 09:17 AM
I am keeping my fingers crossed about the top seed and for Houston to take the 8th - I really don't want the tension of watching the Mavs fight Phoenix hard in the first round in a series that can easily go either ways (of course, this is just my impression from the regular season games so far - I remember we had similar problems with the T'Wolves last season, but then swpt them in the play-offs).