PDA

View Full Version : Let me Put the Nail in this Coffin

Nash13
03-28-2003, 12:26 AM
the Houston Rockets are not that good. They have a worse fg% than 7 of the top 8 Western playoff teams. They average the least amount of points than all 8 playoff teams, and Golden State.

If you actually watch a game of theirs, they tire themselves out late in the 2nd quarter b/c they try to make the highlights by doing ally-oops and tryin to dunk on everybody, and all the fancy dribbling.

I've notice that when they played the Mavs. They always jumped to a double-digit lead, then late in the 2nd quarter, the Mavs cut that lead by halftime, then they end up with a 15pt lead by the end of the 3rd. You're never out of it when you play the Rockets.

Plus, they are all talk. you always hear them talk about a teams defense, but yet, that team beats you by an average of 18ppg. They talk about holes in zone defense, even though they can never find them.

Also, they lost their head coach.

jayC
03-28-2003, 09:27 AM
Still the mavs own the rockets so I hope they make it.

Nash13
03-28-2003, 01:21 PM
Well last yr, the Mavs owned the Kings in the regular season, we all know what happened in the playoffs.

You never know

ames7
03-28-2003, 01:36 PM
The Rockets are not the Kings. I was kind of worried about that earlier, b/c Houston was embarassed by us four times this season, maybe that would be motivation. But I simply don't think they're capable of beating us in the a series. They just aren't that good yet. Give them a few years. But it'll be fun to sweep them in the first round now. Would set a tone & raise morale.

nowitzki_prophecy
03-28-2003, 01:43 PM
actualy,im hoping we'll meet the Suns at the first round,so it WOULD be tougher.
i think if we get the Rockets,it may very well be a sweap and like last year all that rest may affect our west semis outcome.

Nash13
03-28-2003, 05:35 PM
<< actualy,im hoping we'll meet the Suns at the first round,so it WOULD be tougher.
i think if we get the Rockets,it may very well be a sweap and like last year all that rest may affect our west semis outcome. >>

my words exactly. But then again, we played a 5 game series the yr b4, and we got the same result in the 2nd round. You never know.

jayC
03-31-2003, 10:26 AM
It could be good to have a scare with the suns but marbury can beat you if you let it get close. Either phoenix or houston as long as sacramento, san antonio and LA is on the other end of the bracket.

Put the nail in the coughen on seattle, golden state, and Atlanta.

With 55 and counting if they get the la split that would be huge, if they beat La at home even bigger.

Nash13
03-31-2003, 06:09 PM
Keep in mind, it took Marbury 41pts and 11assist to get the suns past us at home. Can he do that 4 times in a series he hasn't been in for 3 straight yrs?