PDA

View Full Version : going to big D

Big Boy Laroux
07-02-2001, 02:53 PM
Hey guys, i'm going to be in Dallas (Arlington, to be specific) next week for a business trip. any suggestions as to what i should do? i'm meeting some friends there (they're not from Dallas, so they wouldn't know. they're from Arkansas) i'm already planning to go to the Rangers/Giants game on Sunday night (gotta be a part of Bonds making history). Not sure if i'll catch a Rangers/Rockies game, but we'll see. may hit six flags, but i heard it may be too hot for that. i may have to go by the new arena to see the progress... maybe i'll see dirk and nash out on the town (if they're even in town). anyway, any suggestions?

Murphy3
07-02-2001, 03:00 PM
yeah...hit a country bar if you want to see some hot women..go on a saturday night so they're only playing about 1/3 country, 2/3 dance music.
try cowboys in arlington.
i would eat at Bob's steak and chophouse..try that out

LonestarROB
07-02-2001, 04:41 PM
I think you said it all BBL. Might want to keep that bag over your head if you go to a Rangers game though i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif .

Murphy3
07-02-2001, 04:44 PM
is going to a Sade concert just to check out the arena

Big Boy Laroux
07-02-2001, 04:44 PM
yeah, i was planning on wearing the bag so anyone that may be watching the game could recognize me. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

LonestarROB
07-02-2001, 04:58 PM
And make a sign that has $ROB$ is the Coolest on it. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Mavinator
07-02-2001, 09:14 PM
Maybe you should just make a Christian Laettner sign...

Big Boy Laroux
07-03-2001, 07:36 AM
maybe something like "DON'T TRADE PUDGE! oh, and please resign L8, if you don't mind."

Big Boy Laroux
07-06-2001, 10:21 AM
Thanks for all the tips guys. hopefully, i'll have a good time.

MFFL
07-06-2001, 12:59 PM
Please add this to your sign

SIGN HULL!

djb
07-06-2001, 01:09 PM
Are you into clubbing? If so, there are a few decent ones in Dallas (not Country though). Lizard Lounge (on Fridays/Saturdays), Seven, Liquid, and Area 51 are all decent. Oh and add Red Jacket to the list. If you go to Lower Greenville, you can hit clubs like Liquid and Red Jacket, while also going to slick bars like Milk Bar. They're all pretty close together.

Big Boy Laroux
07-06-2001, 01:11 PM
are we talking like regular dance clubs here, or that weird rave shit you're into, dj? i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

any cool hangout type bars?

djb
07-06-2001, 01:16 PM
Both i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif Well a lot of uhm raver-type kids go to Liz Lounge b/c they play techno/house stuff. The older more dressy crowd goes to Red Jacket and Liquid. I mean "older" like over 21, oft-times "yuppy-like" people. You'll see a lot of those at Milk Bar. A bunch of rich young guys (or just posers) with slutty, big-boob chicks trying to hook up with. Gotta love it.

Big Boy Laroux
07-06-2001, 01:27 PM
oh man, i hate places like that. i mean, i guess you could classify me as a yuppie (i'm young, urban, and a professional), but i hate those snooty, avant garde places. there's a place in nashville called the trace, and it's one big meat market.

i like dance clubs, but i also like a good sports bar type bar, where you can just hang out, shoot some pool, and drink, know what i mean?

djb
07-06-2001, 01:39 PM
Yea I hear ya! I used to do the clubbing thing three times a week. Every night was the same..get dressed in Banana/Armani/etc and drink your ass off with people dressed the exact same way. I don't go out much anymore..me and my gf are like an old married couple now! I went from raver to yuppie/azn gangsta to couchpotato. It's all good!

Murphy3
07-13-2001, 02:27 PM
are you still in big "d"?

LonestarROB
07-13-2001, 02:40 PM
I think he said he was going to the Rangers/Giants game and they don't comes here until this weekend so I guess he's still here. I wonder how he's liking the 100+ degree weather?

Murphy3
07-13-2001, 02:40 PM
umm...i love it
nothing like walking outside and being enveloped in warmth

Flying Tiger
07-13-2001, 11:58 PM
I went to the game last night. I might go again Sunday night...I'll keep my eyes peeled for a guy wearing a bag on his head.

Big Boy Laroux
07-16-2001, 03:32 PM
well, tough loss for the rangers. down one run in the bottom of the ninth, with a-rod, palmeiro, and pudge due up. a-rod singles and steals second. raf walks. pudge K's, sierra K's, lamb flies out. bonds hit one to the track in center. it would have been gone if he had pulled it.

and i got free tickets. this guy gave them to my girl and me because we're tall (his kids play basketball). $20 seats, right on the first base line. sweet. more money for beer.

people in dallas must be nice. well, besides not knowing how to drive. cause when i went to six flags, this random lady waked up and gave me a coupon for $20 off.

it was hot, definitely, but the evenings were realtively nice. went to deep ellum on thursday night (didn't go clubbing or anything), west end on friday, six flags on saturday and visited family saturday night in Allen, went to downtown ft. worth on sunday, and went to the game sunday night (the weather was perfect for the game), woke up this morning at 4 AM to catch a flight back to nashville to work. fun.

overall, though, dallas seems like a nice place, aside from the traffic. the new arena looks sweet!

LonestarROB
07-16-2001, 03:52 PM
hehe, Welcome back. Again i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif .

Were you able to see the inside of the new arena?

Big Boy Laroux
07-16-2001, 04:06 PM
no, i wasn't that lucky. looks sweet from the outside. i swear i drove all over DFW. where are all you guys from?

LonestarROB
07-16-2001, 04:08 PM
I live down the street from South Fork Ranch. You know from the show "Dallas".

Big Boy Laroux
07-16-2001, 04:19 PM
is that in south dallas, then? wednesday night, i swear i drove all over the dallas interstate and highway system. during the week i was in hurst (right off of 183), and then on the weekend, i was in arlington (about a mile from six flags).

LonestarROB
07-16-2001, 04:23 PM
No, it's way north of the city. In the city of Parker in Collin county(county above Dallas County).

Big Boy Laroux
07-16-2001, 04:27 PM
oh, ok. i was just wondering cause now i know the city better, i know areas. just interested in where y'all were.

Murphy3
07-16-2001, 04:47 PM
lives north of denton about 10 miles..
denton is about 35 miles north of dallas and fort worth

Flying Tiger
07-19-2001, 07:50 PM
I live 50 miles NE of Dallas...did ya drive that far?

LonestarROB
07-19-2001, 08:08 PM
50 miles NE of Dallas.

That's about where Lake Lavon is. You live around there?

Flying Tiger
07-20-2001, 05:46 PM
Close...we used to have church camps out there.

LonestarROB
07-22-2001, 02:25 PM
I used to go to Lake Lavon all the time.