3.) Mavs (also 2 back)
4.) Wolves
5.) LA (1/2 back from 4)
6.) Blazers (0 back from 5)
7.) Utah
8.) Phoenix
---
9.) Houston (3 back from 8)

Everyone is clinched but Phoenix, who has a magic # of 1. FYI, tiebreakers are as follows:

1. Better record in head-to-head games
2. Higher winning percentage in conference games
3. Higher winning percentage within division (if teams are in the same division)...etc...

Just looking at the way things are going, with 3 games left, the Blazers are sliding. Not enough to fall to 7, but enough so I think LA may hang onto 5. Right now, I don't think they will get to 4. We are not going anywhere, unfortunately. So my final prediction is that the seedings will stand as they are, meaning first round vs. Portland. Spots 5 through 7 are all shaky, though.

Subliminal012
04-12-2003, 10:00 PM
Why don't you think the lakers will get 4th?

If they win out the next 3 games ( portlnad, it's taht tiem of the season where they implode, then denver, and finally GS)

If they win those all the 4th seed is theirs, they have the tie-breaker over minny. But if they lose one then there is some crazy ass tie-breaking scenarino comes in.

ames7
04-12-2003, 10:24 PM
Let's see. Both look like they should win out. If they both do, they will both finish with 52-31. They split the regular season meetings, so it goes to the next tiebreaker, which is conference win %. If I calculated right, Minne is at 62.7%, LA at 63.3%. Remember, there are 3 games left for LA, 2 for Minne, so these could change. But right now, you are correct, LA would get the 4 spot.

Does anyone believe Minne would win a 7-game series w/LA, especially if LA has homecourt advantage?

jayC
04-13-2003, 12:20 AM
I say we win out and finish with the second best record in the league and have home court into the second round vs. Sactown

southern_sweets
04-13-2003, 10:27 PM
SA loses to Phx tonight 92-85

jayC
04-13-2003, 10:37 PM
Go Jazz, GO. Let's be real the easier path to the conference the better.

ames7
04-14-2003, 12:37 AM
How annoying. LA fails to help us out again. They lose to Portland, fall back to 6, one game back from the Blazers.

Good news is, we're only 1 back from SA now. If Dallas & SA both win all games b4 the final meeting & we win that game, we end up tied. So, looking at the tiebreakers--if we won, we would have split the season series. SA would win the second tiebreaker (70% v. 64% conference win %) as of right now.

The only way we get the 1 seed, basically, is if we win out & SA drops both remaining games. And we all know how likely THAT is.

jayC
04-15-2003, 05:20 PM
Right know we aren't playing well enough to beat portland or minnesota in the playoffs. They just have to worry about finishing with the second best record in the league, and make sure that finley gets the rust off his game.