PDA

View Full Version : The Overhyping and the Degeneration of the Merry Minimums

Mavinator
07-03-2001, 11:58 PM
Here (http://www.dallasbasketball.com/headline_C.asp?pr=) is that "degeneration of the lakers due to salary cap problems" that I was talking about a long time ago...

Dirk is going to bring a premature end to the dynasty.

You watch.

djb
07-04-2001, 12:03 AM
Unfortunately, the Lakers will consistently challenge for the title as long as Shaq remains the focal point. A possible Shakobe sequel could screw things up but I doubt it.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Rider was re-signed.

MFFL
07-04-2001, 09:15 AM
Great article! The Lakers will have trouble soon if they don't start spending money on the other players.

MFFL
07-04-2001, 11:44 AM
I wonder at which point the NBA Players Assoc will step in and sue the league for collusion. The MLB Players Assoc was successful in proving that owners should pay every player market rate every time they are a free agent.

MavsFanFinley
07-04-2001, 02:37 PM
According to realgm.com Samaki Walker is going to visit the Lakers next week...Im not sure why I felt compelled to share that with you all but thought I would throw it out there.

(I got this at the Mavs espn message board, but the poster didn't use a link. I asked him to post it. Interesting all the same).

07/04-WIZARDS GET AFTER IT- Wasting little time, it appears the Washington Wizards may have reached contract terms with two key free agents. Laker free agent guard Ty Lue appears to have reached terms in principal with the Washington, and his agent making him a Wizard next year. The Wiz have also had talks with Christian Laettner. The Wizards at seasons end dismissed rumors they traded for L8 to renounce him for space, appear to have tendered an offer for him to return to groom with Kwame Brown. There is a remote chance that Ty Lue, could be signed and traded to the Wizards for a re-signed Laettner, hence why the Wizards have had talks with Gary Trent's agent. The Lakers deny anything is in the works in this department. The Wizards have roughly $5.5 million in exceptions to add players, and Lue and Trent appear to be likely targets with Laettner being signed using his veteran free agent rights (Bird rights).