PDA

View Full Version : Murphy3 bashing thread

Flying Tiger
07-05-2001, 08:17 PM
just thought i'd let everyone that dislikes Murphy3 to be able to let it out...voice your opinions here.
maybe if we all vent a little, we'll feel less saddened by the fact that dj will probably have Murphy3 on the roster next year.

(It's Murphy's Juwan thread, with some name changes.)

Mavinator
07-05-2001, 08:24 PM
LOL, FT... this is really funny...

MFFL
07-05-2001, 10:48 PM
LOL FT

Flying Tiger
07-06-2001, 11:47 PM
Everyone needs to quit laughing and start bashing.

Flying Tiger
07-06-2001, 11:50 PM
Here...I'll get the ball rolin'. I think Murphy3 is a complete idiot who makes up stats to "prove" is retarded points, but no one wants to waste their time to try to check his stats to prove him wrong. He likes Dirk better than the rest of the team and trys to point out their weaknesses instead of pointing out what they have to offer to the team. And I bet he can't rebound or play defence.

Flying Tiger
07-09-2001, 04:48 PM
I thought I'd bump this one back up. I didn't get quite the resonse from it that I had hoped...I know not everyone here likes him.

TheKid
07-09-2001, 05:00 PM
lol

It's people like Murph that makes me interested in pulling this board up. He probably does the same for you Flying tiger.

Murphy3
07-09-2001, 10:22 PM
i agree, it's people like me that keep me interested in posting here.

reeds
07-11-2001, 06:58 PM
he is a moron...simple enough

Flying Tiger
07-11-2001, 10:42 PM
For the first time I agree with reeds. And maybe TheKid...to a certain extent.

Murphy3
07-12-2001, 10:56 AM
Reeds, no offense, but you basically serve no purpose here on this board.
Yes, me and thekid, mavinator, flying tiger, etc. all go at it at times.... but each of us have valid sports points or opinions that we throw out there.
But from you, I don't think any of us here have seen any type of contributions to the board other than being an idiot. Do you have anything else you would like to contribute to the board? Or is that all you have to offer?

TheKid
07-12-2001, 11:09 AM
Well I disagree with you there Murph. I for one know Reeds does have a great knowledge of sports. Now he can take a strong stance and not budge which at times may frustrate people if your on the opposing side (you should know that Murph) and probably people on this board because he's not necessarily a Maverick fan like the rest of us.

I've said before and I'll again. I think EVERY one who posts on this board has something to input. Even when it's off the wall, and you see some people's responses, it makes this board interesting. That's the thing about sports, everyone can have a point of view, but no one is necessarily right and no one is necessarily wrong.

Except for those who think Bradley is the NEXT COMING i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Murphy3
07-12-2001, 11:43 AM
hey kid, calm down, just having fun with reeds.
he can take it..just giving him a hard time, same as he was doing to me

TheKid
07-12-2001, 12:04 PM
OK, my bad... Just want everyone to get along.....

reeds
07-12-2001, 09:48 PM
Ok Murph- I will admit this. Dallas Mavericks basketball is far far from my expertise. I am a sports nut,junkie,fanatic,whatever you will call it. And I DO know more about college football (my first love),pro football (my 2nd love) than you will ever dream about knowing in your lifetime. College basketball is my 3rd love and pro basketball drops to 4th. So I admit, i am definitely not an expert on Mavs basketball- shit, I live in Wisconsin, what do u expect. The only reason I even remotely follow the Mavs is because Fin Played college ball here (and someone I know on this board is best friends with him). And with that being said, I still havent read anything on these boards that has made me beleive anyone else here knows much more about the Mavs than I do (including yourself)..So what does that mean? Hmmmm..If I dont even follow the Mavs, cant watch them on TV, and live 1000 miles away from them- but can hold my own on a Mavs discussion? Ill tell you what it means- dont ever Question my sports knowledge- you will lose...simple

And calling me an idiot? Thats Mr. Idiot to you....moron

Mavinator
07-12-2001, 09:57 PM
Uh, reeds, you've never been able to hold your own in a Mavs discussion, and Murphy knows a hell of a lot more about the Mavericks than you.

And dj, maybe you should change this from the "Mavs Discussion Board" to the "University of Wisconsin Reunion Board"... TheKid and reeds can invite all their old college roommates and buddies. You know, Phil, Moose, Fletcher, Michael Finley, Steve-o, and the rest of the gang... we'll have a kegger!

http://www.uwbadgers.com/graphics/menu/test/bucky_top.gif
Go Badgers!

The Crippler
07-12-2001, 10:03 PM
Murph is the best poster on this board. Plain and simple...

Mavinator
07-12-2001, 10:29 PM
Murph is the greatest human being ever to grace the earth!

http://www.whitehouse.gov/history/presidents/images/al16.gif
Picture of Murphy3 thinking about Juwan Howard

MFFL
07-13-2001, 12:51 AM
The only reason I even remotely follow the Mavs is because Fin Played college ball here (and someone I know on this board is best friends with him).

reeds - Quit the goddamn name dropping already. It's annoying. There is no way for you to prove any direct or indirect association with any of the Mavs. And claiming such an association lowers your credibility.

Murphy3
07-13-2001, 08:35 AM
reeds, I could drop professional athlete name after name that I know...who cares? and i'm happy that you think you know more about certain sports than i do...it's very impressive that you assume you know more about any of those sports without ever debating any of them with me or anyone else on here.

the point is..is that you never debate sports. i can understand people debating sports on here and tempers flaring from time to time..but you never debate sports, you simply name drop and try and get under people's skin...
truthfully, i don't have that much of a problem with you intentionally trying to irritate people. but, i do have a problem with you talking about how much you know about sports than everyone else, considering you don't debate your points...or rarely do.

there may be people on here that know more about individual players around the league and whatever...but I know basketball, i understand the nuances of the game..... i understand the strategy,....better than most (although i'm not claiming that i know it better than anyone on this board).... I simply know the game, inside and out, the same goes for football and baseball...and yes, i know my share of players stats, and history ...in all three sports, so don't say you know more about it than i do when you've never discussed any of the big three sports with me....

so try posting something on here that people would like to read occasionally..besides you're b.s.

TheKid
07-13-2001, 09:30 AM
Mavinator, why are you trying to bash me, I didn't say a WORD??!!!

That's ok though, but I don't do keggers by the way, I prefer a cranberry and vodka myself.

MFFL
07-13-2001, 09:34 AM
I respect the fact that theKid has >NEVER< name-dropped. He has >NEVER< implied that his opinion is better than ours because he knows someone on the inside. reeds is another story.

Murphy3
07-13-2001, 09:41 AM
thekid has implied that he knows more...but, not because he knows a mav....
but, hey...thekid talks sports and is always trying to make a valid sports point, ..not just trying to piss everyone off like reeds

reeds, it would be something if you pissed people off because you knew more and everyone was mad because you were always right ....but, you don't do that...you piss people off by acting like an idiot. try it the other way. at least have a sports point to go along with your insults

Mavinator
07-13-2001, 09:42 AM
Eh? Kid, I'm not trying to bash you, man. I was just fooling around. I think this whole Wisconsin thing is hilarious...

TheKid
07-13-2001, 11:23 AM
Mavs don't worry, I'm just joking too...

Murph I don't try to imply I know more, I just do!!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

In all seriousness Reeds is a knowledgeable sports guy, but since we tend to talk MAJORITY Mavericks here and NBA basketball he's not as big a fan as we are. So I wouldn't discredit his knowledge and the name dropping I think he does to bother you guys...

Either way, I just want everyone to know for the record, I LIKE VODKA AND CRANBERRY!!!!! Not Zima with lime like MFFL.

Flying Tiger
07-13-2001, 11:44 AM
Man reeds...you're gonna make me have to change my signature. Sorry Murph.

Flying Tiger
07-13-2001, 11:46 AM
Oh...and I'd like to have a little pro football trivia contest with ya sometime.

Murphy3
07-13-2001, 12:09 PM
i'd have a pro football, pro baseball, and college basketball contest with you as well...

regardless, thekid, he has shown nothing on this board yet besides a smartass mouth. not even a smartass mouth, ..just shown the ability to try and piss people off without even trying to intelligently post remarks that would be beneficial and/or correct to the board

Flying Tiger
07-13-2001, 12:12 PM
I gotta back Murph on this one.

MFFL
07-13-2001, 09:50 PM
Either way, I just want everyone to know for the record, I LIKE VODKA AND CRANBERRY!!!!! Not Zima with lime like MFFL.

Damn that's a good suggestion. I think I'll have me a Zima right now! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Flying Tiger
07-14-2001, 12:46 AM
Man...I didn't notice you were quoting at first. I thought you were going psyco on yourself.

reeds
07-14-2001, 02:10 PM
and the only thing Ive gotten from your takes Murphy-is that you have a thing for Dirk. And it goes deeper than you liking him as a player..I think your are in love with him. Not his game- HIM.

And you saying that the only reason im on this board is to piss people off- your exactally correct. And guess what? It worked pretty damn good too. I now have people calling me a jackass- cant get better than that.. From a bunch of loser Mav fans that dont have anything better to do than post on a Mavs board 20/7 like Murph does. Id be much more insulted if you guys actually liked me- then Id feel like one of you- and god knows that would be an insult. So talk shit all you want- I know its all B.S in your little fantasy Mavs world- a world that you can actually feel important in. MORON

Mavinator
07-14-2001, 02:19 PM
Oh man, 20/7, reeds? 20 hours a day, 7 seven days a week? That's all the time, right?

Flying Tiger
07-14-2001, 05:49 PM
Hahaha!

Murphy3
07-15-2001, 09:30 AM
reeds, i'm almost deeply touched by your admiration...unfortunately for you, i don't like to for guys to attempt to touch me that way, so please, move on somewhere else where your type is welcome.
we're trying to enjoy this site, talk a little basketball and other things that are going on.
i hope it's ok with you....if not, just go back to pissing on yourself because there's no need to piss on anyone here...i'm pretty sure that everyone here (with the exception of thekid) knows that you have absolutely no sports validity or knowledge when it comes to anything you say. so have fun somewhere else

MFFL
07-15-2001, 09:53 AM
And you saying that the only reason im on this board is to piss people off- your exactally correct. And guess what? It worked pretty damn good too. I now have people calling me a jackass- cant get better than that.

reeds - I'm happy that you have a talent that you're so proud of.

LonestarROB
07-15-2001, 11:04 AM
http://www.themelee.com/smilies/s/otn/angry/argue.gif

Flying Tiger
07-15-2001, 07:02 PM
<< ...I now have people calling me a jackass- cant get better than that... >>

Hey not just anyone calls you a jackass...give me my due credit.