PDA

View Full Version : Kidd's son hurt in game 2

MavsFanFinley
04-25-2003, 02:11 PM
Kidd's son breaks collarbone in collision with dad

April 25, 2003

MILWAUKEE (AP) -- Jason Kidd's 4-year-old son, T.J., broke his collarbone when his father crashed into him while diving for a loose ball in Game 2 of the Nets-Bucks series.

``He'll be down a couple of weeks,'' Kidd said Thursday. ``It was a freak accident.''

Kidd's wife and son were sitting in their usual courtside seats at the Meadowlands on Tuesday night when Kidd dived into the front row to save a loose ball. T.J. Kidd burst into tears after the collision, and team doctors examined him after the game.

X-rays revealed the fracture.

``There's always a percentage of something like that taking place when you have kids sitting that close to the action,'' Kidd told reporters. ``Hopefully, he's going to get better. He's young, so the time of recovery will be a lot quicker. He's a tough little guy.''

southern_sweets
04-25-2003, 03:18 PM
GEEZ! You'd think they wouldn't have waited until after the game to check out Kidd's kid. Interesting priorities?!

Drbio
04-25-2003, 03:58 PM
What are the odds of that happening?

irontoad
04-25-2003, 04:03 PM
<< GEEZ! You'd think they wouldn't have waited until after the game to check out Kidd's kid. Interesting priorities?! >>

Yeah, no joke, poor kid! What, was Jason Kidd like, &quot;So he's in terrible agony, who cares? I'm sure he wants to watch the rest of the game, just let him suffer and maybe we'll get it looked at later...&quot; Good lord.

Kevink00012
04-25-2003, 05:17 PM
Well, what did you expect Kidd to do stop the game? How many times have you been hurt and just tried, or been told to walk it off? I'm guessing that was probably the case here. Am I wrong in assuming young kids tend to overreact to some bumps and bruises.

Dooby
04-25-2003, 05:20 PM
<< What are the odds of that happening? >>

As I said to teh same question on LMF: A lote better than if the kid were on the 4th row or the 10th row. Maybe a little bitty kid shouldn't sit on the front row at a professional sporting event.

LRB
04-25-2003, 09:02 PM
Dooby I've always thought that kids shouldn't be allowed in the 1st few rows at NBA games where there is a possibility that a player might crash into them. Kids don't have the reflexes to always get out of the way and don't have the mass to survive an impact by a player several times there size without possible serious injury. I think we've been lucky that there hasn't been more serious injuries. Can you imagine Shaq at full speed hitting a 6 yearold?

southern_sweets
04-25-2003, 09:06 PM
I can't imagine Shaq at full speed running into a 26 year old.

04-26-2003, 02:22 PM
i cant imagine shaq running

southern_sweets
04-27-2003, 11:24 AM
Maybe not running, but he could get pushed out of bounds and land on someone.

LRB
04-27-2003, 12:46 PM
Seriously can you see Shaq being &quot;pushed&quot; A) anywhere he already isn't heading or B) anywhere he doesn't want to go? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

southern_sweets
04-27-2003, 06:22 PM
3 or 4 guys could run into him in a pile up. It could happen.