PDA

View Full Version : Raptor free agents looking to cash in

Flying Tiger
07-07-2001, 10:45 PM
Alvin Williams insists his visit to Chicago is legit, not just a play to convince Toronto to up the ante.

The Toronto Sun reports that Williams has stressed his desire to play for a team that provides him with a lot of court time and reiterated the sense of personal loyalty he feels toward Raptors coach Lenny Wilkens.

Elsewhere, Antonio Davis plans to take the next few days to pare down his list of possible destinations. It is believed the Raptors offered Davis a five-year contract (the fifth year may be an option year) worth almost $11 million per season.

Jerome Williams is also looking to pad his checking account. League sources indicated that the Junk Yard Dog asked for as much as $7 million per year when he met with Grunwald last Tuesday.

MavsFanFinley
07-07-2001, 11:13 PM
I haven't heard the Mavs mention the junk yard dog as a possible player to bring in here. Im sure there checking out everybody but I was hoping to hear Cuban mention his name.

As for Alvin Williams, who the Mavs have mentioned, I guess we can cross him off...it's that a lot of minutes he wants. He won't find that here.

Mavinator
07-08-2001, 12:11 AM
Sorry, JYD fans, it's not likely Jerome Williams is coming here. He's an extremely one-dimensional rebounder and not even great at his one ability. Not a Nellie type of player, especially with the zone coming and stressing good fundamental basketball skills. Forget about the guy...