PDA

View Full Version : Does the NBA; do you; care about traveling...

Julius
05-04-2003, 05:57 AM
Over the last years i saw a lot of traveling in the NBA, esspecially on the fastbreak.
Troy Hudson loses the ball midcourt, Kobe takes it, does a 360, but he travelded. Itīs shown as a highlight again and again (it was a good move but, he did 3 steps).
Another one i can remember is Toni Kukoc, maybe in the year as Chicago
won itīs last title, on a 1-0 break. He dunked it ( an important basket at the end of the game), but he traveled!
Over here in Europe we have a stricter traveling rule(wich i donīt like)than the NBA,but 3 steps are 3 steps.
Am I the only one who sees that, or do you, the NBA, not care?

LRB
05-04-2003, 01:53 PM
NBA does care to a certain degree. That degree is much lessened by the star status of the player and the star status of the team. I truely wish they would call the rules in the NBA, but the traveling fiasco has been going on for decades.

jayC
05-04-2003, 06:34 PM
NO not really. Traveling is the least called play in the nba. Just like three seconds in the lane traveling is almost never called.

mavsfanforever
05-05-2003, 04:27 PM
They never call 3-second violations on Blazers.

LRB
05-05-2003, 04:52 PM
<< They never call 3-second violations on Blazers. >>

Well that would require hiring refs capable of counting to at least 3 now wouldn't it? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

scooterj5
05-05-2003, 09:55 PM
I hate watching travelling. The *worst* I think in the league might be Damon Stoudamire. He walks everytime before he dribbles. And then of course there are Kobe's layups and dunks, where he takes 3 steps. They should call the travels, and pretty soon they would stop committing them!

LRB
05-05-2003, 10:19 PM
There is a very fine line between NBA refing and WWE refing. Very very very fine indeed.