PDA

View Full Version : Lakers vs Spurs game 1

mavsfanforever
05-05-2003, 04:28 PM
Predictions? Whom do you want to win?

LRB
05-05-2003, 04:48 PM
I actually like our chances against SA better than the Lakers if we get by the Queens. And if we can't win it all, I'm pulling for SA. It certainly doesn't hurt that I can't stand the Lakers especially Shaq and Shobe. Go Spurs!!!

sturm und drang
05-05-2003, 05:14 PM
This is an easy one.

Go Spurs!

Drbio
05-05-2003, 06:32 PM
Yep...Go Spurs. Spurs in four.

mavsfanforever
05-05-2003, 07:37 PM
Spurs win in game 7 with each game going into 10 overtimes. Let them get tired.

southern_sweets
05-05-2003, 09:13 PM
Spurs lead 20-16 at the end of the 1st quarter.

southern_sweets
05-05-2003, 09:54 PM
Tied at 35 at halftime.

Drbio
05-05-2003, 10:03 PM
I'm getting frustrated watching the Spurs game. The Spurs go on a nice run and go up by 8, then the refs step in and it gets tied. As soon as it is the refs stop blowing the whistle. One ref called a foul and showbe the wuss throws his arms in disgust and pokes Duncan in the eye. The ref clearly saw it but did nothing. It makes me sick to my stomach. The league-wide officiating this year sucked badly. It's a shame to have such a great season and playoffs dominated by refs who shouldn't be allowed to work a little league game. i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31
05-05-2003, 10:27 PM
spurs showing who is CLEARLY the better team..

Drbio
05-05-2003, 10:32 PM
The refs can't take away teh fact that the Lakers aren't shooting well and making stupid plays. The Spurs should be up by 20. They will win in 5.

Drbio
05-05-2003, 10:43 PM
I love it. Spurs up by ten.

Drbio
05-05-2003, 10:44 PM
Holy crap!

Did you guys see the Ginobili slam off the Duncan pick? A thing of beauty. It will be on SportsCenter for sure.

Just211
05-05-2003, 10:52 PM
yeah DOC, the refs are a little pathetic, and so is KOBE. Bowen is shutting him down

MavsFanFinley
05-05-2003, 10:52 PM
Please tell me the Spurs are not going to blow it now?

Lakers within 4 after the Ginobli 3 at the 6 minute mark.

Drbio
05-05-2003, 10:53 PM
The current Laker run really didn't have a lot to do with the refs to be fair.

Still....the refs fingerprints are all over this game.

Drbio
05-05-2003, 10:55 PM
The buzz is that Devean George may have fractured his ankle.

Drbio
05-05-2003, 10:58 PM
The resident lard ass just fouled out. LOL!!!!!

Shaq is gone.

southern_sweets
05-05-2003, 11:05 PM
x-rays were negative on George's ankle. They're calling it a severe sprain.

Just211
05-05-2003, 11:08 PM
damn, Kobe's tryin to make me eat my words.

MavsFanFinley
05-05-2003, 11:10 PM
haha, Kobe just stepped out of bounds.

MavsFanFinley
05-05-2003, 11:12 PM
I don't know if I've seen Duncan get irate like that.

Wow, what did Horry keep slapping at Robinson for? Idiot.

Drbio
05-05-2003, 11:16 PM
Spurs win 87-82.

Man I hate the Lakers.

DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31
05-05-2003, 11:19 PM
horry is a punk.. first he shoves the camera man.. then he trys to give d-rob a handjob..

southern_sweets
05-05-2003, 11:22 PM
I love to watch the Lakers lose. Awesome game!

sturm und drang
05-05-2003, 11:23 PM
If the Mavs get eliminated, I hereby swear to pour all of my enthusiasm into rooting against the Lakers.

Hate that George may be out for the series; with Fox already out, I'd hate for Kobe, Big Fatty et al to have any wimp-out excuse for not winning. I want them to have to soak in their own suckitude.

Drbio
05-05-2003, 11:25 PM
Preach on S&D.

Horry is a punk.

MavsFanFinley
05-05-2003, 11:26 PM
<< If the Mavs get eliminated, I hereby swear to pour all of my enthusiasm into rooting against the Lakers. >>

I'll second this promise. I want to see the Lakers go down.

Drbio
05-05-2003, 11:33 PM
This is laughable. Phil Jackson is blaming this loss on the refs. How ironic is that.

pathetic.

MavsFanFinley
05-05-2003, 11:39 PM
I heard that drivel too Doc.

He went on about how ridiculous it was that the Spurs shot 35fts compared to the Lakers 12.

How he knows Duncan had the MVP award handed to him tonight, but that's ridiculous.

Wah, wah, wah, wah.

LRB
05-06-2003, 01:23 AM
The only thing more enjoyable than a Laker loss is a Maverick win. Hopefully we can have one of those tomorrow night. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Maringa
05-06-2003, 07:16 AM
Every once in a while, Ginobili is erratic, however he had a great impact in the game. He plays great defense for a Euro (actually South American), and he can elevate. I think he is going to be the impact player of the Lakers/SA series. If Dallas for some reason doesn't make it past Sacramento, I will be rooting for SA.

WayOutWest
05-06-2003, 10:04 AM
<< The only thing more enjoyable than a Laker loss is a Maverick win. Hopefully we can have one of those tomorrow night. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif >>

I think you're gonna have to settle for Laker losses cause the Mavericks won't help with the other.

mavsfanforever
05-06-2003, 10:13 AM
Spurs won this and its good. But I thought Shaq fouling out was the backbreaker for lakers.

Just211
05-06-2003, 11:24 AM
phil's already workin the league after just one game. Now look for the Lakers to get more and more Bullshit calls as the series goes on. And he's right about the FT disparity, but it still seemed as if LA was getting more calls. And it was nice for the refs to actually let someone play good ole D without calling tic tac BS calls on him all night (BOWEN)

anyways......to PHIL........................turn about is fair play

Hoopsmeister
05-06-2003, 11:43 AM
<< anyways......to PHIL........................turn about is fair play >>

The most telling stat I've ever heard about NBA officiating was the one they brought up last night. That was the first time Shaq has ever fouled out of a playoff game. A guy that big, who plays exclusively in the paint, who is very active in the paint on both ends of the court, and in dozens of playoff games he has never before committed 6 fouls? Come on.

mavsfanforever
05-06-2003, 12:01 PM
<<

The most telling stat I've ever heard about NBA officiating was the one they brought up last night. That was the first time Shaq has ever fouled out of a playoff game. A guy that big, who plays exclusively in the paint, who is very active in the paint on both ends of the court, and in dozens of playoff games he has never before committed 6 fouls? Come on. >>

But also he gets fouled on each play and people do not call that. So it makes sense they do not call on him.

NashFan1341
05-06-2003, 12:24 PM
<<

The most telling stat I've ever heard about NBA officiating was the one they brought up last night. That was the first time Shaq has ever fouled out of a playoff game. A guy that big, who plays exclusively in the paint, who is very active in the paint on both ends of the court, and in dozens of playoff games he has never before committed 6 fouls? Come on. >>

Actually yeah he has...didn't he foul out in last years playoffs series against the kings? I think it was game 5 when Bibby hit the game winning shot. During Inside the NBA after the game I believe they said Shaq has fouled out 8 times during his playoff career.

WayOutWest
05-06-2003, 02:07 PM
<<

<<

Actually yeah he has...didn't he foul out in last years playoffs series against the kings? I think it was game 5 when Bibby hit the game winning shot. During Inside the NBA after the game I believe they said Shaq has fouled out 8 times during his playoff career. >>

Funny how the &quot;hater&quot; filters don't allow that through.

LMAO at the poster who still thought the Lakers got the calls even though the stats showed otherwise, clueless.

Hoopsmeister
05-06-2003, 02:56 PM
<< Funny how the &quot;hater&quot; filters don't allow that through. >>

Funny how Laker fans can't see anything but &quot;haters&quot;. The statement about Shaq was made by the TV announcers (is Marv Albert now a Laker hater too?) Sorry I hadn't double-checked them. Once it was corrected in this thread, no one has repeated it.

<< LMAO at the poster who still thought the Lakers got the calls even though the stats showed otherwise, clueless. >>

What stats? It was 24 fouls to 20 and that includes the intentional fouls LA committed at the end. Not much disparity there. Certainly not enough that the Lakers can whine (especially after the way they criticise anyone else who whines about the refs).

Drbio
05-06-2003, 03:03 PM
<< The current Laker run really didn't have a lot to do with the refs to be fair.

Still....the refs fingerprints are all over this game. >>

WayOutWest- if you are referring to me, I guess you missed this tidbit.

And you have got to even admit (most laker fans do) that the Lakers get preferential calls in critical times of games. The Spurs outplayed LA last night. The refs overall called an even game (see the total fouls), but it's those critical times that the Lakers get bailed out consistently.

mavsfanforever
05-06-2003, 03:03 PM
Any news on Davean George's status??

WayOutWest
05-06-2003, 04:38 PM
<<

<< The current Laker run really didn't have a lot to do with the refs to be fair.

Still....the refs fingerprints are all over this game. >>

WayOutWest- if you are referring to me, I guess you missed this tidbit.

And you have got to even admit (most laker fans do) that the Lakers get preferential calls in critical times of games. The Spurs outplayed LA last night. The refs overall called an even game (see the total fouls), but it's those critical times that the Lakers get bailed out consistently. >>

No, I'm talking about this comment:

&quot;And he's right about the FT disparity, but it still seemed as if LA was getting more calls.&quot;

Is that comment based in reality?

The other comments about Shaq fouling out in the playoffs was corrected on the spot by another announcer but it's convienently overlooked. It's just typical, Spurs fans had alot more insight to the game and deal with the Lakers with level heads and they've been at the wrong end of a can of wupp arse by the Lakers the last two years. Classy team, classy fans, although the one's that popped in here didn't live up to the standard.

No doubt the Lakers get the benefit of calls but it's not cause they're the Lakers it's because they are Shaq and Kobe. Superstars have always gotten preferential treatment and I just find it petty and small minded to try and pin it on the Lakers. I guess the Jordan Rules have long been forgotten. TD got away with two fouls late in the game but since he's not a Laker nobody says anthing about that. Like I said, petty and small minded. If this is any indication the Bulls fans must have gone through hell and back durring their run.