PDA

View Full Version : Sixers Vs Pistons - Predictions

mavsfanforever
05-06-2003, 03:01 PM
This matchup is really tough for me to predict but I will pick Detroit over Philly.

mavsfanforever
05-06-2003, 03:02 PM
I am also assuming these will be the lowest scoring games in the playoffs.

Drbio
05-06-2003, 03:05 PM
Philly in 5.

mavsfanforever
05-06-2003, 03:07 PM
Detroit and Sixers split the season series and thus I am expecting the team with homecourt to win the series.

sturm und drang
05-06-2003, 03:39 PM
I really do consider myself to be a die-hard NBA-- not just Mavs-- fan, but I have such a hard time giving a damn about the Eastern Conference. Sixers vs. Pistons? God, I just don't care. I want to, but I just don't.

And the only reason I'll even watch the Boston-NJ series is because I want to see WifeBeater (TM) lose.

That said, Pistons in 6. I dig Ben Wallace's 'fro.

05-06-2003, 04:39 PM
Pistons over AI in 6.

aexchange
05-06-2003, 04:40 PM
pistons dont have enough offense.

neither does philly.

but at least philly has AI, the pistons have nobody who can even remotely stop the answer.

philly in 6.

Murphy3
05-06-2003, 04:44 PM
honestly, they both deserve to lose..

I'm going to predict a tie..both teams will go 0-0-7.

Both teams show that they do not deserve to advance to the next round.
The league will simply contract every eastern conference team at the end of the season. None of the players will be allowed to jump to the Western Conference..each player will forfeit their salaries, but will be offered minimum wage jobs at McDonald's with the Sasser brothers.

RoyTarpley
05-06-2003, 05:58 PM
You can't hate on AI.

The Sixers are a threat and they should win this series...

Murphy3
05-06-2003, 06:28 PM
hate on AI?
Is that an acceptable phrase here at the little d-m.com?
I really don't think it is..but i'll get back with you on it.

Anyways, both teams struggle to make it out of the first round in the western conference..both teams probably struggle to make the playoffs in the west.

AI, he's a good player...but definitely overrated by the basketball community

scooterj5
05-06-2003, 07:35 PM
LOL Murph... here's AI's stats in 6 games against the Hornets in round 1:

34.8 ppg, 5.7 apg, 4.3 rpg, .44 shooting, 2.3 spg, Sixers win
series.

Yeah right, this guy is overrated isn't he?

05-06-2003, 08:39 PM
The lights went out and the game was delayed for 19 minutes in the first quarter.

mavsfanforever
05-06-2003, 10:29 PM
Mark would have fired a few guys for that.

RoyTarpley
05-06-2003, 11:40 PM
>>>>hate on AI?
Is that an acceptable phrase here at the little d-m.com?
I really don't think it is..but i'll get back with you on it.<<<<

What? Do you think my turn of phrase is funny? Does it make me sound ignorant or uneducated? Is that kind of talk unwelcome on this website, and are you qualified to make that judgement?

I don't give a shit what your answers are to my questions, because it looks to me like you are making prejudicial judgements about me based on the way I talk.

Go ahead and deny it, but you sound like you trying to make fun of me for speaking a certain way, and my guess is that if we ever met, you would make prejudicial judgements about me just based upon my appearance.

Deny it all you want, but your words speak for your beliefs and your thoughts.

So fuck you and fuck your mommma too. (I hope that kingd of ignorant phrase isn't unacceptable here)

Murphy3
05-07-2003, 12:09 AM
haha, calm down...and edit the post before you're banned.
was only saying that it's an iffy proposition to support AI or any Eastern Conference team or player

and in that, i am only giving you the slightest of ribbings..

AI is a top 10-12 guy in the NBA in my opinion.

Murphy3
05-07-2003, 12:18 AM
sure, scooter, he's overrated by many.

for some reason, many think he's a top 1-2 guy in the NBA..that's probably from overexposure.

but that doesn't mean that he's not a top 10 guy

Rhylan
05-07-2003, 12:36 AM
AI is top ten, AI is money, and you can't hate on AI. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Murph just doesn't like him, because consistently dogging AI's shooting percentage saves him from being hypocritical when criticzing NVE for low shooting percentage. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Murphy3
05-07-2003, 12:41 AM
rhylan, i have said at least a 100 times that he's top 10-12..just that he's not as high up as some would like to put him (including himself)

now, if i'm going to criticize a guy but then say that he's still a top 10-12 guy, ..aren't i looking at both the good and the bad?..weighing both out and coming up with an informed opinion?

Murphy3
05-07-2003, 12:42 AM
AI's overrated...you can't shoot 40% from the field and be a top 5 guy in the NBA

i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Murphy3
05-07-2003, 12:42 AM
and for the record, my momma's not really my type.

a bit old for me

and a bit too related. but thanks for giving me permission to do so if it were something I were interested in.

at this point, i'll have to say "no"

MavsFanatik33
05-08-2003, 04:48 PM
I pick the Pistons, cause they will be able to shut down AI like they did with T-MAC. But does it really matter? the western conference finals ARE the NBA Finals!

scooterj5
05-09-2003, 04:59 AM
"In Turkey, the media wait for you outside. You go down to them, in tunnel, and sometimes, people are yelling and throwing things. They throw coins. I get hit in the head -- bleeding. There is blood." -- Mehmet Okur.

mavsfanforever
05-12-2003, 03:01 PM
AI probably should be in top 5. He may shoot 40% because he is only open for maybe 3-4 shots out of 30 shots he takes. Also his defensive skills are highly underrated. He is in top 5.

madape
05-12-2003, 04:17 PM
The Pistons can't rely on the greatness of Tayshawn Prince much longer. They were exposed for being a mediocre team in the Magic series, and without the illogical, impossible performances by some of the NBA's worst scrubs, they would be home right now. There is nothing ordinary about AI, Van Horn, DC and the sixers. They are my pick to come out of the East. And how many times is Ben Wallace going to get outplayed by the opposing team's post players before he heads home beaten and embarrased like he did in the World Championships? Derrick Coleman is proving that he can sleepwalk through the series and still score 20 points and pull down 15 boards against the NBA defensive player of the year. A 6'7" center just doesn't cut it when playoff time comes around. The Sixers won't lose another game to this joke of a team.