PDA

View Full Version : majestic the game

madape
07-10-2001, 05:11 PM
Is anyone out there playing/planning on playing this game? I signed up for the contact demo and its already getting a little freaky. I can tell its really going to screw with my head.

majestic the game (http://www.majesticthegame.com)

djb
07-10-2001, 06:52 PM
Whoa that looks pretty tight! What exactly are you supposed to be doing though? I'm still a little confused (didn't feel like reading through the entire site).

madape
07-10-2001, 07:34 PM
I think thats half the fun.

From what I can tell, its some kind of conspiracy thing, like an interactive X-files. It will send you e-mails, contact you via phone or by fax, and you have to solve some mystery. So far the game hasn't officially started. They have sent me a couple of "newsletters". These newsletters appear to be just updates on the status of the game... claiming its in beta mode blah blah blah. But after a little inspection, I found a phone number hidden in the HTML. I called it and got some crazy ass dude spilling his guts about a secret group operating around the beginning of the cold war. There were also a list of names enbedded in the code that I've been researching... mostly cuban refugees and folks involved with the Kennedy assasination.

Because of this game, I'm checking all of my worthless SPAM e-mails looking for clues and wondering if any of the sites I visit are connected with the game (fake), or real FBI reports (real). Pretty interesting way to spend the basketball off-season.

Flying Tiger
07-11-2001, 10:29 PM
I don't know jack about computers, but some of my friends are really into this computer game called Diablo. You like play with or against other people that are playing it at the same time you are...but it's pretty freaky.