PDA

View Full Version : Klingon proverb: Revenge is a dish best served cold.

MavKikiNYC
05-07-2003, 07:16 PM
Remember when Jordan acted like an ass to Abe Pollin during the strike/lockout, and told him if he couldn't make a small-market team profitable, he should sell? And now MJ is shocked-SHOCKED at this "...callous..." treatment.

He who laughs last. And Abe Pollin's laughing.

Wizards Will Not Re-Sign Jordan
May 7, 2003

Washington Sports and Entertainment Chairman Abe Pollin announced today the franchise would not re-sign Michael Jordan as President of Basketball Operations. The search for a replacement for Jordan will begin immediately.
“I want to emphasize my sincere thanks to Michael for his time with this franchise,” said Pollin. “While the roster of talent he has assembled here in Washington may not have succeeded to his and my expectations, I do believe Michael’s desire to win and be successful is unquestioned. In the end, Ted (Leonsis) and I felt that this franchise should move in a different direction. I wish him only the very best in his future endeavors.”

Pollin also expressed his gratitude for Jordan’s on-court contributions.

“I firmly believe that Michael’s time with us as a player will have a lasting impact on every player on our roster, and there is no question that our fans were treated to a very unique two seasons, as the greatest player in the world completed his career here in Washington. We were extremely fortunate to witness his final season.”

Pollin, Wizards Minority Owner Ted Leonsis, and Jordan met Wednesday morning at MCI Center along with Pollin’s attorney David Osnos and Jordan’s attorney Curtis Polk.

LRB
05-07-2003, 07:39 PM
As great as MJ was on the court in his heyday, he carried little to none of that over to NBA management. The kindest compliment you could give Jordan to his term as President of the Wizards is mediocre. And that's being real kind.

jayC
05-07-2003, 08:17 PM
Except he did rid the wizards of juwan howard and Rod Strickland two horrible contracts.

MavKikiNYC
05-07-2003, 10:59 PM
Partial credit there, I guess.

Laettner offset the loss of Howard. But Alexander, Thomas and Davis did not contribute much.

MFFL
05-08-2003, 12:46 AM
<< Except he did rid the wizards of juwan howard and Rod Strickland two horrible contracts. >>

Juwan's contract would have expired this year anyway. Plus the Wiz could have made a KILLING this year at the trade deadline for Juwan. Jordan was a terrible GM type.

MavKikiNYC
05-08-2003, 12:16 PM
<< Partial credit there, I guess.

Laettner offset the loss of Howard. But Alexander, Thomas and Davis did not contribute much. >>

Then again, looks like Juwan didn't necessarily net the Mavericks that much either.

aexchange
05-08-2003, 01:13 PM
and we'll have to wait until the summer to see what juwan really nets the nuggets.

my gut feeling is a big fat pile of poop.