PDA

View Full Version : Ohhh the pain, the PAIN!

WayOutWest
05-16-2003, 09:36 AM
That was a very tough and CONVINCING loss last night to the Spurs. The Lakers ran out of gas and showed very little heart in the 4th. What really hurts the most is that this season was unofficially dedicated to the memory of Chicky Baby. Losing Chick was the absolute low point of my life as a fan of sports.

If ESPN hadn't shown highlights of the past three title runs I would have sat on my couch all night. If some movie called "Jackass" hadn't come on just before I went to sleep I might not have gotten out of bed this mourning. After such a devastating loss I can't believe I was able to go to bed laughing. Thanks "Jackass"!

Chicago JK
05-16-2003, 09:46 AM
Lakers have nothing to be disappointed in. Winning three championships in a row is very tough on the body and mind. Give SA credit, they came through with flying colors. Parker and Manu are going to be an excellent backcourt for a long time. Duncan attached the team to his back and told them they were not going to lose.

I loved Kobe's emotion after the game. A lot of players feel sad after a loss, but then realize they have 3 mansions, 2 Benz's and millions in the bank. I don't doubt one sec that Kobe is back in the gym today working his butt off. People can rip them all they want, but the guy has a heart of a lion. Plus he has really matured from the spoiled brat kid from 4 years ago.

As a Mav fan...all I can say about the Lakers is THANK GOD Jerry West Left to go East. I have no doubt that West would have drafted/signed 2-3 uncovered gems to help out Shaq and Kobe over the past 2 years. So far Kupchek has really struggled in that role.

TripleDipping
05-16-2003, 10:08 AM
WOW: Like you said before, it ain't easy defending 3 consecutive titles. Although the Lakers played absolutely atrocious in game 6 especially in the 4th quarter, they will go down as one of the best team in NBA history... hey you don't win 3 straight by being lucky.

When I saw Fisher cried at the end the game I thought "Damn... what a baby", but when I saw Kobe was shedding tears, I had no doubt that he will absolutely work his ass off to be better next year. Now it's up to the front office to decide if it's time to unload all the deadweights in the roster and to sacrifice some $$$$ for talents. As we can see Shaq and Kobe can't do it all by themselves.

So... needless to hang your head 'ol paper bagged one. It's been an impressive run by the Lakers and they could comeback with key roster moves.

p/s: That doesn't mean I like the Lakers. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

LRB
05-16-2003, 12:42 PM
WOW I can't stand the Lakers and am glad they lost. But still you guys have lots to hang your hats on with 3 titles and you lost to a very good Spurs team which was the hottest in the NBA this calendar year.

mavsfanforever
05-16-2003, 02:10 PM
I have newly found respect for Kobe now. He was probably the only laker who played this entire season without missing games.