PDA

View Full Version : Weatherspoon becomes a Knick, Wizards keep Laettner

MavsFanFinley
07-14-2001, 10:15 PM
According to ESPN's David Aldridge: The New York Knicks have agreed to terms with free agent Clarence Weatherspoon on a five-year, $27 million contract and the Washington Wizards have agreed to terms with free agent forward Christian Laettner on a four year, $21 million contract. Both deals can be signed on Wednesday.

djb
07-14-2001, 10:54 PM
Marc Jackson also looks ready to sign with the Sonics. Either of those three would've looked pretty good in a Mavs uni i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Mavinator
07-15-2001, 12:25 AM
Thank god Laettner is staying a Wizard instead of joining the hated lakers/knicks...

Murphy3
07-15-2001, 09:10 AM
congrats to laettner then...i'd much rather have the class act in dallas, but congrats to the 4 year deal...(just wishing he was here instead of juwan...so the mavs could then bring in a guy that played defense and rebounded and bring laettner off the bench at the 4 and 5 spots, along with booth...that would have been perfect)

TheKid
07-16-2001, 09:00 AM
I was kind of hoping Laettner would have been left out there and we would have back doored everyone and picked him up. However it doesn't look like it. Love him or hate him, the guy is the type of guy you WANT on your team!!!! Great move by the Wizards..