PDA

View Full Version : And Lebron goes to....

ocelot_ark
05-22-2003, 07:17 PM
Cleveland.

ames7
05-22-2003, 07:19 PM
Detroit getting #2 is a bit scary.

OzMavs
05-22-2003, 07:27 PM
The full order:
1. Cleveland Cavaliers
2. Memphis Grizzlies (conveyed to Detroit Pistons)
3. Denver Nuggets
4. Toronto Raptors
5. Miami Heat
6. Los Angeles Clippers
7. Chicago Bulls
8. Atlanta Hawks (conveyed to Milwaukee Bucks)
9. New York Knicks
10. Washington Wizards
11. Golden State Warriors
12. Seattle SuperSonics
13. Memphis Grizzlies

MavsFanFinley
05-22-2003, 07:42 PM
Tell me Detroit isn't grinning ear to ear cashing in with the #2 pick?

The pick comes from the 1997 trade involving Otis Thorpe.

David Aldridge reported that they worked Darko out today and they are for sure taking him with the pick. They plan on moving Ben Wallace to pf.

Drbio
05-22-2003, 07:47 PM
Cleveland gets Lebron
Detroit nabs Darko and ....

THE DENVER NUGGETS STEAL CARMELO!!!!!

i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

scooterj5
05-22-2003, 07:57 PM
I think Detroit would be better off with Carmello Anthony. He will help them the most now. Detroit will be scary.

MavsFanFinley
05-22-2003, 08:24 PM
<< THE DENVER NUGGETS STEAL CARMELO!!!!! >>

I know, boo hoo, poor Nuggets have to pick up Anthony with the 3rd pick. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

DTL
05-22-2003, 08:39 PM
<< Cleveland gets Lebron
Detroit nabs Darko and ....
THE DENVER NUGGETS STEAL CARMELO!!!!! >>

seems pretty ideal for all three teams involved

ocelot_ark
05-22-2003, 08:46 PM
Detroit would probably be the scariest of eastern conference teams within two years....

Works great for them.

OutletPass
05-22-2003, 09:32 PM
Since Cleveland pulled the #1 ball...I guess they'll have to go with LeBron. My first pick would either be Darko or Carmelo.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if LeBron didn't want to play for Cleveland (a la Steve francis and Vancouver) and demanded a trade...I'd laugh my ass off.

As A Mavs fan, I sure would love to trade for NY's #9 pick. Wonder what they'd want ?

LRB
05-22-2003, 09:57 PM
<< Since Cleveland pulled the #1 ball...I guess they'll have to go with LeBron. My first pick would either be Darko or Carmelo.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if LeBron didn't want to play for Cleveland (a la Steve francis and Vancouver) and demanded a trade...I'd laugh my ass off.

As A Mavs fan, I sure would love to trade for NY's #9 pick. Wonder what they'd want ? >>

Who would want to play for Cleveland?

aexchange
05-22-2003, 10:16 PM
<< Since Cleveland pulled the #1 ball...I guess they'll have to go with LeBron. My first pick would either be Darko or Carmelo.

As A Mavs fan, I sure would love to trade for NY's #9 pick. Wonder what they'd want ? >>

how about lafrentz, AJ, Esch and TAW for kurt thomas, charlie ward's expiring contract, and the #9? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

LRB
05-22-2003, 10:17 PM
<<

how about lafrentz, AJ, Esch and TAW for kurt thomas, charlie ward's expiring contract, and the #9? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif >>

Any way we can work Rig intot the deal? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

ames7
05-22-2003, 10:36 PM
The #2 pick can be Detroit's consolation prize after being swept by NJ. I think all three top picks have relatively high potential for panning out as long as the clubs don't completely screw up. At least the Clips didn't get one of them.

I'm also watching for my fellow Longhorn, TJ Ford. Do you guys think he'll go in the top 10?

Just211
05-22-2003, 10:47 PM
http://cache.nba.com/media/cavs/gund_james_jersey_030522.jpg
Man, they already had his jersey ready. Between the CAvs and NIKe, this kid is gonna be a Manwhore
also, is it just me, or does the new Cavs logo look a little WNBAishhttp://media.nba.com/media/cavs/headerV2.jpg

Kevink00012
05-22-2003, 10:52 PM
<< The #2 pick can be Detroit's consolation prize after being swept by NJ. I think all three top picks have relatively high potential for panning out as long as the clubs don't completely screw up. At least the Clips didn't get one of them.

I'm also watching for my fellow Longhorn, TJ Ford. Do you guys think he'll go in the top 10? >>

I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Miami. Their point is lacking a bit with Travis Best.

Yeah Denver could be trouble in time. They've got loads of cap room and three great prospects in Melo(probably), Hilario, and Tskitishvilli. Then there's Howard if he stays and Camby if he's healthy.

DTL
05-23-2003, 08:05 AM
Is James seriosly going to wear &quot;23&quot;??

seelenjaeger
05-23-2003, 08:15 AM
Just a weird idea - what if tumbletown all of a sudden is tryin to unload Kobe?

Something like

Kobe and Lakers 1st rounder

for

#1 overall and Darius Miles

?

mavsfanforever
05-23-2003, 08:56 AM
Was the trade with Grizzlies done after Joe Dumars joined or before.

Dooby
05-23-2003, 09:00 AM
I kinda felt sorry for Jerry West.

Anyway, I was hugely relieved when NY got the 9th pick.

TripleDipping
05-23-2003, 09:09 AM
<< http://cache.nba.com/media/cavs/gund_james_jersey_030522.jpg
Is James seriosly going to wear &quot;23&quot;?? >>

Ron Artest wears 23 too doesn't he?

Big Boy Laroux
05-23-2003, 09:25 AM
yeah, jerry west looked bummed... apparently, that deal was made in like 1997 or something like that. otis thorpe (yes! otis thorpe!) for a first round pick.

detroit lucks out big time.

as for lebron, he was interviewed by andy katz last night and lebron (of course wearing a nike headband) was already talking about his future with the cavs &quot;we don't have a coach right now, but i'm sure we'll find the right guy&quot;

and yeah, he wore 23 in high school i believe. espn also showed a clip of an interview with lebron and carmelo, and lebron (still wearing said nike headband) said &quot;look out for the upcoming nike commercial with me and carmelo.&quot; and everyone laughed.

Just211
05-23-2003, 09:58 AM

<< Is James seriosly going to wear &quot;23&quot;?? >>

IMO that's a huge mistake wearing 23. Not becuase of the Jordan pressure, but signing with Nike, and wearing 23? there's already so much nike or Jordan merchandise with 23 on it. Seems like he's want his own nitch in the market.

LRB
05-23-2003, 12:07 PM
<< I kinda felt sorry for Jerry West.

Anyway, I was hugely relieved when NY got the 9th pick. >>

I'm with you Dooby. Hard to believe that Otis Thorpe ends up being traded for the #2 pick. You just never know.

scooterj5
05-26-2003, 08:28 AM
<< IMO that's a huge mistake wearing 23. Not becuase of the Jordan pressure, but signing with Nike, and wearing 23? there's already so much nike or Jordan merchandise with 23 on it. Seems like he's want his own nitch in the market. >>

LOL. I'm sure he won't miss the financial loss.