PDA

View Full Version : If the Spurs play the Nets

David
05-28-2003, 05:38 AM
Have they been exposed? The free throw woes. The giving up the comebacks. Can NJ take advantage?

nowitzki_prophecy
05-28-2003, 09:22 AM
NJ should be happy not to be swepped by either team that makes it from the west.

Chiwas
05-28-2003, 10:13 AM
<< If the Spurs play the Nets >>

I kill you first and answer after.

I think the Nets could take a couple from the Spares.

TripleDipping
05-28-2003, 10:36 AM
The Nets have a slightly higher FT%, but looking at the FT attempts disparity between the Spurs and their opponents in the playoffs I doubt FTs will be a huge factor. The Spurs giving up big leads is an advantage to the Nets... and with Martin guarding Duncan, the Nets can force the Spurs roleplayers to beat them, which is in the Nets' advantage too.

LRB
05-28-2003, 10:42 AM
<< Have they been exposed? The free throw woes. The giving up the comebacks. Can NJ take advantage? >>

Hard to say. Who knows the composition of the teams when they play next season. i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Oh, wait a minute! i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif You weren't insinuating that the Spurs might actually have a chance to play the Nets this year were you? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

mavsfanforever
05-28-2003, 10:42 AM
Ok, David stop this. nets are not playing spurs.

Let me tell you this: If Spurs played Pistons it would have been the worst finals all time.

David
05-28-2003, 10:43 AM
The thought of the Spurs getting past the Mavs is unthinkable but it just seemed to me that the Spurs are being exposed in several areas and, should they play NJ, they could get hurt.

One other thing the Mavs may have revealed was the &quot;Scottie Pippen Affect&quot;. That is, put someone taller and long armed, yet with enough quickness, against Parker. It really affects his play.

Let's hope the Spurs DON'T make it past the Mavs and NJ will have a whole other set of things to consider.

jayC
05-28-2003, 11:14 AM
aint happenin!

Usually Lurkin
05-28-2003, 11:39 AM
no.
The mavs are better than the nets, even without Dirk. If the spurs could get past the mavs, they wouldn't have a problem with the nets.