PDA

View Full Version : Nets VS Spurs game 1

mavsfanforever
06-04-2003, 07:05 PM
Who cares?

anyways 86-84 Spurs.

Hitman
06-04-2003, 07:25 PM
Hold on one second while I make my predictiozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

How bad is ABC's presentatio of this game? I feel like I am watching a game in mid February. There is ZERO big game feel to this game.

Dirks Cuzin
06-04-2003, 07:38 PM
90-86 New Jersey, Kenyon shuts down Timmy D

MavsFanFinley
06-04-2003, 08:55 PM
I only watched a couple minutes in the 2nd quarter, but I wasn't impressed by any means.

Fidel
06-04-2003, 09:06 PM
Two fouls so far on TD, Robinson, Rose (both on Rose).
Thirteen fouls on Martin, Collins, Mutombo, Rogers, Williams. Hmmm.

Some nice phantom calls in favor of the Spurs for sure.
Overall pretty boring game and weak presentation.

mavsfanforever
06-04-2003, 09:17 PM
Tony parker is penetrating at will in the third. If he did the same with Dallas people will call terrible defense.

Fidel
06-04-2003, 09:19 PM
Parkerīs clearly outplaying Kidd in the 3rd. I like it.

mavsfanforever
06-04-2003, 09:35 PM
here we go... 10 point lead in 4th

Drbio
06-04-2003, 09:43 PM
The Spurs will win in no more than 6 games. I think probably 5.

Fidel
06-04-2003, 09:45 PM
Spurs lead back to 16. Nets are done.

jayC
06-04-2003, 09:53 PM
Just shows the west dominance. Jersey would have finished 7th in the west.

06-04-2003, 09:58 PM
The spurs are owning the nets.

spurs in four baby

Fidel
06-04-2003, 10:01 PM
Spurs would win it anyways and TD is a great player. But seldomly have I seen a head to head matchup being reffed as uneven as Martin vs. TD tonight. Duncan was allowed to everything he wanted to on the defensive end. Not really hard to be a great defensive player "if you canīt foul".

Oh and someone needs to tell the ABC crew they can pull their heads out of Duncans ass when the game is over.

Especially Walton. "What decision making, what confidence, what determination uuuuuh yeah...Iīm cumin, we are witnessing something very special tonight...blah blah blah...".

Donīt get me wrong. TD put up great numbers and had a great game. But was there really no way for the crew to talk about anything else during a 3 hour game? How much ass kissing can you possibly do??

06-04-2003, 10:08 PM
Spurs win 101-89

ownage

mavsfanforever
06-04-2003, 10:09 PM
The only way NBA finals would be more interesting is if you are a Spurs or a nets fan. The league should do something about East. I mean WC first round game between Spurs and Suns or Mavs vs Blazers or even lakers Vs Wolves was so much more interesting.

Hitman
06-05-2003, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
The only way NBA finals would be more interesting is if you are a Spurs or a nets fan. The league should do something about East. I mean WC first round game between Spurs and Suns or Mavs vs Blazers or even lakers Vs Wolves was so much more interesting.

I agree. Part of the problem though is the whole minor league feel of this ABC telecast. I mean, Doc Rivers and Sean Elliott as your NBA Finals pre and half time analysts? Mike Tirico?

If you have Marv, Costas, Barkley, Magic or some of the TNT/NBC crew it would have a much better feel to it.

Or else at leat go out and get someone like Bird or Isiah or Hakeem or Malone or Stockton or anyone that has truly been an NBA finals star in the last 20 years. The NBA is really baffling me lately. I think David Stern has lost it.

Usually Lurkin
06-05-2003, 07:19 AM
Best line of the night was from Walton before the game:
"The Nets are the toughest team that the Spurs have faced in the playoffs."

Does anyone outside of Byron Scott really believe that?

ariosto
06-05-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by: Usually Lurkin

Does anyone outside of Byron Scott really believe that?

Yeah, I was wondering about that too. Do you think ABC made him say that?

Maringa
06-05-2003, 09:07 AM
My suggestion for the league is to put the league under one conference. Top 16 teams go to the playoffs and are seeded accordingly. Division winners are guaranteed home court advantage in the first round.

Fidel
06-05-2003, 09:42 AM

Hahaha. Didnīt hear that, but itīs pretty funny. They also said something like "this is a celebration of basketball" a couple times during the game. Yeah right.

DNNF
06-05-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by: Fidel

Hahaha. Didnīt hear that, but itīs pretty funny. They also said something like "this is a celebration of basketball" a couple times during the game. Yeah right.

Can someone reminded me why ABC hired his sorry ASS?

DNNF
06-05-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by: jayC
Just shows the west dominance. Jersey would have finished 7th in the west.

Probably more like 9th place. I'll pick Phoenix over them any day.