PDA

View Full Version : Anybody in the mood to do a Mock draft?

Ummmmm Ok
06-05-2003, 11:32 AM
Why the hell not?

Originally posted by: signoftimes
I wouldn't mind doing a mock draft and seeing who gets the most picks. But it would seem like dumb luck. We don't go to camps. We aren't seeing how these kids are getting evaluated. Half these kids are being projected based on reputation.

I will think about mine and post it up in a bit. Thinking round 1 should only be done as its a little rational and round 2 is just pure luck.

Anybody Game?

Lets discuss it here.

OutletPass
06-05-2003, 11:35 AM
Always.

I did send a note to MFF and she went to Dj to start this...but I haven't heard back or seen it posted...

Ummmmm Ok
06-05-2003, 11:36 AM
yea I was waiting as well, but DJ is probably busy signing up for the Race for the cure so I started it. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

I do wish there was some kind of a prize or some such.

signoftimes
06-05-2003, 11:40 AM
I'm up for it.

Ummmmm Ok
06-05-2003, 11:42 AM
Also can we change it day to day or once we do it, is it set in stone?

Bayliss
06-05-2003, 11:49 AM
I'm up for it. But I won't post mine until a day or two before the draft. Just too many variables at the moment to get a feel. Camps going on, players constantly being moved up or down.

signoftimes
06-05-2003, 11:51 AM
Let's change it day to day (there will always be new daily information about the draft that will change our choices). Also I think we should make the changes through edits, that way the thread doesn't turn into some huge post padding monster. Then we can lock the thread the day of the draft.

Ummmmm Ok
06-05-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by: signoftimes
Let's change it day to day (there will always be new daily information about the draft that will change our choices). Also I think we should make the changes through edits, that way the thread doesn't turn into some huge post padding monster. Then we can lock the thread the day of the draft.

Works for me!!!

OutletPass
06-05-2003, 11:54 AM
I'd say that we should do it once...about a day before the draft (or midnight CST on the eve). As Bayliss points out, lots will change in the next few weeks. Players are still moving around like crazy. just in today's workout, Marcus Moore really hurt himself; Troy Bell really moved up; And James Lang should be found falling through the floor closest to you.

But I'm game for however it's done.....

Ummmmm...maybe you should add a poll to this thread and see which way the majority want to do it.

Ummmmm Ok
06-05-2003, 11:59 AM
How about you can change it as much as you see fit but we lock the thread the morning of the draft? Me personally I would love to change my mock draft as my mood/rumor mill changes. Let me work on the poll

Ummmmm Ok
06-05-2003, 12:08 PM
I didn't want to crowd up this forom with a poll......Go there and vote:

http://dallas-mavs.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=9778

signoftimes
06-12-2003, 02:47 PM
bump

just didn't want the mock draft to get forgotten.

OutletPass
06-12-2003, 03:09 PM
It's not forgotten SIGN....just waiting for things to coalesce a bit.

I'm game.

Ummmmm Ok
06-12-2003, 03:44 PM
I'm Game just waiting for more results, would seem kinda boring to just have 3 people in it.