PDA

View Full Version : Bill Waltons Greatness

Dirks Cuzin
06-05-2003, 03:59 PM
I would like to make a thread just to have a tribute to all of Bill Waltons achievements, and his badass quotes.

He said this on Bill Waltons Long Strange Trip on ESPN while eating dinner with his family and watching the Utah Lakers game, "Greg Ostertag is the best center in the league!!!"

"THROW IT DOWN MIKE FINLEY, THROW IT DOWN!!!!"

During the Spurs Nets game last night " THAT!!! is why Tim Duncan is the best player in the laaaaannnnnddd!"

THE FUNNIEST ANNOUNCER EVER!!!!!!!!

Ummmmm Ok
06-05-2003, 04:11 PM
http://www.briandunning.com/grimfour/graphics/vomit.jpg

mavsfanforever
06-05-2003, 06:12 PM
Samake Walker is the best backup centres in the league.

thebac
06-05-2003, 09:06 PM
Don't hate on Bill Walton. I used to think that he was little more than an ignorant loudmouth. Now I've seen the light, and I now consider him to be the most entertaining announcer. Seriously, if you had to choose between Sean Elliott and Bill Walton, who would you choose?

Rhylan
06-05-2003, 10:25 PM
I have come to appreciate Bill Walton. Getting him away from Snapper Jones made it possible for me to see how tongue in cheek he is all the time. He's hilarious.

Drbio
06-05-2003, 10:33 PM
Walton is the biggest retard that ever has graced the earth.

06-05-2003, 10:34 PM
i listen to walton for the comedy, and usually never pay attention to his basketball comments/analysis

one long blue sock
06-05-2003, 11:47 PM
Loveed, why must you start this dumb thread.

BRIAN27
06-06-2003, 12:00 AM
Bill Walton is an idiot. However during the mavs/queens series, I had to laugh when he kept yelling at Nick, "Jack it up Nick, Jack it up". Then Walton would complain if the mavs ran an offensive play.

Dirks Cuzin
06-06-2003, 12:15 AM
Sock, u r outnumbered by the Walton fans........Walton is the funniest announcer by FAR. I forgot the Jack it up Nick one. But thats why they gave him his own show. COME ON, the guy talks through his nose. The guy is a major player, if u saw that one episode of Waltons Long Strange Trip when he went with Corey Magette and Q-Richardson to get jordan and bling bling. THE GUY IS CONSTANTLY DRUGGED UP. Hes absolutely hilarious

one long blue sock
06-06-2003, 12:24 AM
No he might have followed the greatful dead, but he has never done drugs, no way no how.

Mandyahl
06-06-2003, 04:11 AM
Yeah, Walton's pretty hilarious. Tolbert annoys the crap out of me for some reason though.

Epitome22
06-06-2003, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by: one long blue sock
No he might have followed the greatful dead, but he has never done drugs, no way no how.

You're joking right?

Epitome22
06-06-2003, 06:42 AM
I agree with Dirks Cuzin. I too relize the sheer greatness of Bill Walton. I have no idea how people can dislike the man, he is pure comedy.

"Greg Ostertag is putting on a Herculean display of Strength on the boards tonight, he is truly a god among men"

It was the third quarter and Ostertag had 3 rebounds.

"Lamar Odom is the greatest In Bound Passer in the History of the NBA"

LOL, How do you even respond to something like this?

"Brevin Knight is the greatest backup point guard in the history of Western Civilization"

And of course, the patented "THROW IT DOWN, BIG MAN!"

Walton is greatness. Sean Elliot is nice but boring. Vam Gundy is nice, but should stick to coaching and awesome defensive schemes, Marv Alberts history is too weird and Mike Fratello is too Sopranos. Walton is the best.

Usually Lurkin
06-06-2003, 07:07 AM
Walton sucks. Think about it. You're all saying you listen for the comedy, not basketball commentary. Switch to comedy central you morons. Its a freaking basketball game. There's room for jokes, but not at the expense of basketball discussion. Are you even a fan?

I'd much rather listen to Sean Eliot.

Ummmmm Ok
06-06-2003, 08:30 AM
omg i CAN'T stand bill walton. Give me Tolbert or sean elliot any day of the week and twice on sunday before I have to listen to just 1 minute of Bill waltons Voice.

Dirks Cuzin
06-06-2003, 02:07 PM
"Oh nice pass"- Just after the pass was intercepted.

Nothing but net on this one."- Speaking over a replay of Indiana Pacer Reggie Miller banking a jumpshot in.

"Karl Malone is having an MVP-type game"- Malone was shooting 2-for-11 from the field, including a few muffed lay-ups.

"The Bulls are off to a horrible start!"- The score was Utah 4 to Chicago's 2.

"Steve Nash is the MVP of the league!" After Steve made a layup

Those r the things that make him so great. PERIOD

ariosto
06-06-2003, 02:14 PM

We seem to have a different definition of greatness.

Usually Lurkin
06-06-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by: Dirks Cuzin

he exaggerates? sometimes he's sarcastic? that's what makes him great? Man, you're easily impressed.

jayC
06-06-2003, 03:52 PM
Do you listen to madden for the insight or because hes so goofy and over the top you probably listen to the ladder same with walton. I like his reality show its so crazy. It wouldn't hurt aristo if you lighten up.

The Crippler
06-06-2003, 05:57 PM
walton is greatness.

raefformvp
06-06-2003, 07:07 PM
Walton frightened me when the Mavs were playing Minnesota during the regular season (I think that was the game). Najera was shooting free throws and Walton said something about Najera being a fine specimen and how his body was perfectly chiseled. Scary. I hated him at first, but when I stopped taking him seriously, I was able to look past his idiocity and find humor in what he has to say.

mavsfanforever
06-06-2003, 11:07 PM
good catch raefformvp.

Epitome22
06-07-2003, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by: The Crippler
walton is greatness.