PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this team?

jamalccc
06-07-2003, 06:45 AM
PG Tony Parker
SG Manu Ginobili
SF Andrei Kirilenko
PF Dirk Nowitzki
C Yao Ming

This is the team composed of all my favorite players. Do you know this team only averages 23 years of age? It has a mad shooter/rebounder(Nowitzki), an insane hustler(Ginobili), an awesome ball handler (Parker), a deadly shot blocker (Kirilenko) and a leathal everything big man(Yao).

It's very possible that in two years, they will be on the all-star team together representing the West. I think this team put together is probably the best in the league. Since they know one thing better than all other NBA players --- team work.

Fidel
06-07-2003, 08:26 AM
I like that team alot. Id just make one adjustement. Nash for Parker.

Nash
Ginobili
Kirilenko
Nowitzki
Ming

The bench would be

Parker
Gasol
Hilario
Stojakovic
Nesterovic
Kukoc
Jaric
Foyle

IR:

Mutombo
Illgauskas (you could put those two on the bench but theyd probably end up on the IR anyways)
Najera

I think this team would easily give you an "all international" NBA champion.
The NBA also lists TD as an international, but I consider him a US citizen.

jamalccc
06-07-2003, 08:41 AM
As a Mavs' fan, of course I like Nash better than Parker as a person. However, as a baller, there is one problem with Nash. He's old. He would bring the average age of my team by 2 years. BTW, did I mention the word "international". All I said is the players I like the most. For some reasons, all my favorite players in this league seem to be from somewhere else other than the US. Strange.

Fidel
06-07-2003, 10:55 AM
I know you said those were your favorite players. Same goes for me. Im from germany so Im rooting for allmost all the euros to play well, and I also like most of the other foreign players. Dirk, Ginobili, Nash, AK 47, Hilario and Parker are my favorite players in the league right now. I dont like the yugos too much, but they are good so I had to put some on my team.

mavsfanforever
06-07-2003, 11:03 AM
Replace Dirk with Wan Zhi Zhi and your team will have #1 pick in the draft after the season.

OutletPass
06-07-2003, 11:06 AM
It underscores the youth of the Spurs "core" players...

add Duncan and S. Jackson to Parker and Ginobilli...and you have a very young Spurs team...that will be around for quite a while, as I don't see any of them leaving SA in the near future.

Fidel
06-07-2003, 03:22 PM
Replace Dirk with Wan Zhi Zhi and your team will have #1 pick in the draft after the season.

Thats like saying replace Duncan with some spare on the Spurs and they wont make the playoffs. What does it prove? Nothing. Duncan is a hell of a player so is Dirk.

You also greatly underrate all of the other international players. Some of them like Ming or Hilario may need some time. But most of the others Ive listed can play with anyone. PG with Nash and Parker. Youll have a hard time finding a better combo on any other team. SG is the weak position. Ginobili needs some time, but you can have Peja playing the 2. SF with Kirilenko, Stojakovic and Kukoc, not too bad. PF with Dirk, Gasol, Hilario, Foyle. You wont find another team that deep at PF. C with Ming, Nesterovic and either Mutombo or Illgauskas. Behind Shaq and Duncan those guys are up to the competition in a center depletet league. And Ming hasnt tapped his potential yet. Depending on the lineup this team is an offensive juggernaut and with players like Hilario, Mutombo, AK and Ginobili they can also play a little D. Im pretty sure if given some time those guys could beat any team in the league.