PDA

View Full Version : Webber and Wallace undergo surgery

mavsfanforever
06-10-2003, 10:37 PM
Link (http://www.nba.com/kings/news/CHRIS_WEBBER_UNDERGOES_KNEE_SU.html)

CHRIS WEBBER UNDERGOES KNEE SURGERY
June 10, 2003

SACRAMENTO, CA ---- Sacramento Kings All-Star forward Chris Webber and swingman Gerald Wallace underwent arthroscopic surgery today (6/10/03) at HEALTHSOUTH Medical Center in Birmingham, Alabama. Internationally renowned orthopaedic surgeon Dr. James R. Andrews performed the surgery on both players.

Webber underwent arthroscopic surgery on his left knee. Dr. Andrews removed a piece of the outside knee cartilage and smoothed and prepared an articular cartilage defect for healing.

According to Dr. Andrews, Webber will be on crutches for approximately eight weeks while working on rehabilitation exercises to promote the healing response. It is anticipated that he will be under some basketball limitations until the beginning of the regular season.

Webber suffered a meniscus tear in his left knee in Game 2 of Sacramento’s Western Conference semifinals series with the Dallas Mavericks at American Airlines Arena (5/8/03), forcing him to the sidelines for the remainder of the season.

“Chris played through a lot of adversity over the course of this past season,” said Kings President, Basketball Operations Geoff Petrie. “Despite playing with discomfort for much of the year due to various injuries, he was truly on a quest to lead our organization to a championship before suffering a season-ending meniscus tear in the playoffs. We will continue to provide Chris with all the necessary support and resources for him to return to the court and lead our team again.”

Webber led the Kings to the NBA’s third-best (59-23) record and second straight Pacific Division title with team-high averages of 23.0 points, 10.5 rebounds and 5.4 assists per game.

Wallace had an arthroscopic decompression procedure on his left shoulder for chronic rotator cuff tendinitis. The procedure, according to Dr. Andrews, went as planned. Wallace, who averaged 4.7 points and 2.7 rebounds in 34 games this past season, will begin his rehabilitation program immediately and should be ready for training camp on September 29th.

EricaLubarsky
10-17-2003, 12:25 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/kings/webber_rehab_1016_4.jpg

look ma, no hands. I can balance on a yoga ball.

Ummmmm Ok
10-17-2003, 01:18 AM
According to Dr. Andrews, Webber will be on crutches for approximately eight weeks while working on rehabilitation exercises to promote the healing response. It is anticipated that he will be under some basketball limitations until the beginning of the regular season.

Webber suffered a meniscus tear in his left knee in Game 2 of Sacramento’s Western Conference semifinals series with the Dallas Mavericks at American Airlines Arena (5/8/03), forcing him to the sidelines for the remainder of the season.

Hey Dummy, the season starts in (2) weeks. Why couldn't you get this done, OH I dunno, 2 months ago? Some people are just morons.

dirno2000
10-17-2003, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by: Ummmmm Ok

Hey Dummy, the season starts in (2) weeks. Why couldn't you get this done, OH I dunno, 2 months ago? Some people are just morons.

This article was written on June 10th. I believe he's had microfracture surgery since then and will probably be out until Dec.

Shaq Attack2
10-17-2003, 03:07 AM
Webber's glass knees won't survive another season. Though, I have to admit, he does look better now than he has in years. Maybe this is his year.

jayC
10-17-2003, 10:50 AM
Still he could have had the surgery immediately after he suffered the injury.

LRB
10-17-2003, 10:55 AM
I agree JayC. I don't know why athletes put off surgerys that they know they have to have. I can understand if you didn't know for sure if you would need it, but if you know for sure then the sooner you have it the sooner you will be healthy once again.