PDA

View Full Version : NBA TO PROBE TIM TAMPERING

Ummmmm Ok
06-11-2003, 10:34 AM
http://www.nypost.com/sports/nets/36325.htm

June 11, 2003 -- Tamper, tamper.

Spurs' two-time MVP Tim Duncan can expect a call from NBA officials, who will go over tampering guidelines after he was quoted in yesterday's Post naming three free agents, Indiana's Jermaine O'Neal and Brad Miller plus New Orleans' P.J. Brown, as possible replacements for David Robinson.

"I didn't know Tim wanted to play in Indiana. He's a free agent, too. We'd love to have him," said Indiana team president Donnie Walsh after O'Neal and Miller were targeted.

"If the alleged quotes are true, it is something we will look into," said NBA senior VP of Basketball Operations Stu Jackson.

After he became a Net, Jason Kidd was warned about tampering when he cited Antonio McDyess as a possible free agent for New Jersey.

MavsFanFinley
06-11-2003, 10:47 AM
He'll be warned and that'll be the end of it.

The NBA is not going to hand out any punishment to the league MVP for mentioning a couple names before it's ok too.

Nash13
06-11-2003, 12:49 PM
I hope Tim Duncan doesn't stay a Spur. In the past, after every time the Spurs were eliminated out of the playoffs, he's said that he wants to leave San Antonio.

On the plus side, if he goes to the east, Dirk would be a shoe-in for a starter in the all star game.

Lonely PSU Mavs Fan
06-11-2003, 12:57 PM
NBA players should really do something with their college education. Instead they are just greedy idiots.

Collusion: A secret agreement between two or more parties for a fraudulent, illegal, or deceitful purpose.

If i am an NBA star, i go to all my NBA star friends (after the season is over, to avoid tampering) and say "hey, forget the money, we are already all multi-millionaires, lets all get together on a team, each get paid a little, and win 10 championships in a row"

The NBA does not outlaw this because the most of the good players are to stupid to do this. But i think TD might be smart enough to do something like this.

Mandyahl
06-11-2003, 01:11 PM
most stars have egos that are too big for this to work. look at the problems shaq and kobe have, and there are only two of them.

OutletPass
06-11-2003, 01:13 PM
Total non-story.

I'm SO sure (sarcasm intended) that the league is going to sanction TD.

Now, what's the point of this ?

Lonely PSU Mavs Fan
06-11-2003, 01:21 PM
the NBA needs to "sanction" the number of free throws he gets...

Intruder
06-11-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by: Nash13
I hope Tim Duncan doesn't stay a Spur. In the past, after every time the Spurs were eliminated out of the playoffs, he's said that he wants to leave San Antonio.

On the plus side, if he goes to the east, Dirk would be a shoe-in for a starter in the all star game.

Dude, this is a complete lie. He has never said he wants to leave SA. Stop making up crap. Keep wishing though, 'cause the way I see it, him leaving SA would be the only way _Allas has a chance in making in to the finals.

Intruder

Ummmmm Ok
06-11-2003, 03:07 PM
I thought with the season over the _allas comments wound stop.

Oh well!!!!

Nash13
06-11-2003, 03:10 PM
I remember him mentioning leaving San Antonio after the Spurs were SWEPT by the Lakers 2seasons ago.

Nash13

Intruder
06-11-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by: Nash13
I remember him mentioning leaving San Antonio after the Spurs were SWEPT by the Lakers 2seasons ago.

Nash13

I think your memory is playing games on you because he has never said that. Nice try though....

Intruder

signoftimes
06-11-2003, 03:44 PM
I don't know if Duncan ever mentioned it or not, but last year the was a lot of speculation about where Duncan would be after the 2003 season. Duncan contract is up and everyone thought he would leave SA because they had been beaten by LA and they thought he would end up in Miami. Miami was 1 of 2 teams at the time(orlando being the other) that was projected to have enough cap space to sign Duncan.

Again, I don't know if Duncan ever said anything, but there was a lot of talk about him leaving SA.

Chiwas
06-11-2003, 03:49 PM
"I didn't know Tim wanted to play in Indiana. "

Best sarcasm ever.

(They need the sarcasm emoticon too)

Intruder
06-11-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by: signoftimes
I don't know if Duncan ever mentioned it or not, but last year the was a lot of speculation about where Duncan would be after the 2003 season. Duncan contract is up and everyone thought he would leave SA because they had been beaten by LA and they thought he would end up in Miami. Miami was 1 of 2 teams at the time(orlando being the other) that was projected to have enough cap space to sign Duncan.

Again, I don't know if Duncan ever said anything, but there was a lot of talk about him leaving SA.

Now we are talking. Speculation/rumor or whatever you want to call it..... Yes, but then he came out and said something about the cap money for 2004 and the opportunity of bringing a max free agent...that ended all "speculations/rumours". Again, my point is, he never said he wanted to leave like Nash13 stated.

Intruder

mavsfanforever
06-11-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by: Intruder

Now we are talking. Speculation/rumor or whatever you want to call it..... Yes, but then he came out and said something about the cap money for 2004 and the opportunity of bringing a max free agent...that ended all "speculations/rumours". Again, my point is, he never said he wanted to leave like Nash13 stated.

Intruder

Intruder, if you want links I can give you those but Duncan almost was stolen by Magic couple of years ago. If not for David who convinced him to stay We would be seeing #21 in Magic jersey.

Big Boy Laroux
06-12-2003, 08:02 AM
yep, mff is definitely right about that one. Apparently, TD was torn between Orlando and SA.

Intruder
06-12-2003, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever

Intruder

Intruder, if you want links I can give you those but Duncan almost was stolen by Magic couple of years ago. If not for David who convinced him to stay We would be seeing #21 in Magic jersey.

Show me where he said he wanted to leave San Antonio, he never said that... Again Nash13 said he had stated he wanted to loeave... WANTED.... After they were swept by the lakers.... Now you are talking about when he "Almost" went to Orlando.... That was the year he blew up his knee and did not play in the playoffs.... Two different seasons here MFFE!!! ... You can give me all the links you want, NASH13 is still making crap up.......

Intruder

jayC
06-12-2003, 06:08 PM
Two words for allya who cares? Foget about him.

mavsfanforever
06-12-2003, 06:53 PM

Originally posted by: mavsfanforever

Intruder

Do you want to see links where he actually said he wanted to leave San Antonio. Well, I do not have those. I can show you links where he went out to dinner with Grant Hill and met all the magic management for a contract. I am sure Tim Duncan was not looking to have a dinner with Hill to talk about Girls.

Show me where he said he wanted to leave San Antonio, he never said that... Again Nash13 said he had stated he wanted to loeave... WANTED.... After they were swept by the lakers.... Now you are talking about when he "Almost" went to Orlando.... That was the year he blew up his knee and did not play in the playoffs.... Two different seasons here MFFE!!! ... You can give me all the links you want, NASH13 is still making crap up.......

Intruder