PDA

View Full Version : LeBron

one long blue sock
06-13-2003, 11:34 PM
He is the closest thing i have ever seen to Michael Jordan at this level. He can play atleast three positions on the floor and can dominate them at all three positions. There is absolutely no weekness is his game, he can score off the dribble, has good shooting range to 3 pont land, and is strong enough and athletic enough to beat you inside. A fierce competitor who hates to lose and does whatever it takes to win.
This was done by a nationally respected recruiter, but it wasn't LeBron he was talkin about, it was Felipe Lopez. Lopez was a highschool star if you can remember, but now he is shit.
So i wouldn't get to excited about LeBron, but watch out for Sebatian Telfair if you unlikely haven't heard about him.

Chicago JK
06-14-2003, 01:09 PM
Ha ha. good find. Lebron looks like the real deal, but you never know. Felipe was on the cover of SI before his first college game. I remember reading all the recruiting experts ravish praise on Felipe. Him and Zendon Hamilton were suppose to restore dominance back to St. Johns. Didn't really happen.

No one has had the hype that Lebron has had, but there has been prospects who were very highly rated who never got any better after high school for a variety of reasons :Billy Owens, the next Magic; Marcus Liberty, featured in SI as a senior; Schea Cotton, had an article on him when he was a sophmore in HS; Ronnie Fields, teamed with Garnett and was the MJ of high school until he got into a car wreck; Jerod Ward, never did much at Michigan; darrin Hancock, the next Dominique...etc. I can go on and on with past prospects. Again, in the limited times I saw James on tV, he looks like the real deal. Although, I hope he has the hunger to be the best.

one long blue sock
06-14-2003, 01:24 PM
Other highschoolers that are considering the draft are Ndudi Ebi, Kendrick Perkins, and James Lang, i think they will do well from what i have heard, but Villanueva, Outlaw and Butler i think will flop.

Mandyahl
06-14-2003, 01:49 PM
i think it is really hard to tell which high schoolers are going to be good on the nba level, especially from the fan's perspective, having never seen them play. but if you are correct in your predictions, blue sock, i will be the first to congratulate you and ask you to pick my lottery numbers i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

one long blue sock
06-14-2003, 01:59 PM
Hey i try to read alot about highschoolers, instead of Euros

OutletPass
06-14-2003, 02:09 PM
Sock does know his HS players...I can attest to that...and he ain't bad with his college knowledge either !

Mandyahl
06-14-2003, 02:16 PM
sorry sock, i am not questioning you, just the ability of anyone to be able to tell how these guys will do without really having seen them play. but you sound like you definitely have read more than i have about high schoolers, so i will trust what you are saying to an extent, knowing that even GMs don't always get it right when it comes to high schoolers, and i would hope they have more information than you.

one long blue sock
06-14-2003, 02:24 PM
Nah, GM's take in too much of personal stuff into acount, look at Amare Stoudamire, he slipped because of personal problems... then he becomes ROY

And from what i have seen from LeBron was having two horrible shooting nights, so what can you say about him and pressure. Even Travis and Joyce played better than he did with as much of a chance they got.