PDA

View Full Version : Biggest rumor of the moment 6/18

OutletPass
06-18-2003, 11:21 AM
Understand that I'm laughing my ass off as I post this...but the NY Post (and we know who that is) has reported (is that the right word for them ?) that a sign and trade is coming...and it's

Jason kidd to Sac for Bibby/Hedo

ALL of the ESPN message boards are in flames over this one...

Back to Comedy central !
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, it's also being reported elsewhere that we're HOT after the #5 and so is SA.

nowitzki_prophecy
06-18-2003, 11:22 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA,thats hilarious!!

Tony tha Mavs fan
06-18-2003, 12:03 PM
LOL thats some funny stuff, I'm sure the Kings fans are all over this one.

mavsfanforever
06-18-2003, 12:08 PM
I do not know whats wrong with the trade. Kidd is a much better PG than bibby and they do not need hedo since they already have JJ.

Bibby has done nothing when webber was out. Actually Bobby is a better PG in that team right now. I am not sure the salaries would work though.

signoftimes
06-18-2003, 12:09 PM
OP- I checked out NYpost online and couldn't find Vecsey's article. do you have a link?

I guess it doesn't matter, where does this guy come up with this stuff?

Murphy3
06-18-2003, 12:11 PM
kidd is overrated

mavsfanforever
06-18-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by: Murphy3
kidd is overrated

Yes murph and so is Bibby. I am sure Kidd is an upgrade over bibby because he is a much better defender compared to bibby and a good rebounder- an area which kings struggle just like the mavs. Kidd may not be a better shooter than bibby.

OutletPass
06-18-2003, 12:24 PM
Sign...it's under "Nets Notes".

Here's the article:

Text (http://nypost.com/sports/nets/36830.htm)

nowitzki_prophecy
06-18-2003, 12:45 PM
kidd is overrated

true,but he still much better than Bibby+Hedo

Mandyahl
06-18-2003, 01:47 PM
yeah...if i were sac i would do it in a heartbeat. bibby sucked this year, especially in the playoffs, and hedo was at the end of the bench until webber got hurt. and maybe new jersey does it so they don't lose kidd outright. that's they only way i can think for this trade to make any sense at all.

EVAN
06-18-2003, 09:14 PM
I dont think Kidd is overrated... Hes a great P. Guard, many of the people who think he is overrated point to the fact that he cant shoot! But the primary job of a P. Guard is to handle the ball and bring the ball up court which is what he does best and plus he makes great baskets when they are needed.

Mandyahl
06-18-2003, 10:20 PM
whether or not kidd is overrated, it would be a steal for sacramento to get him for bibby and turkoglu.

one long blue sock
06-18-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by: EVAN
I dont think Kidd is overrated... Hes a great P. Guard, many of the people who think he is overrated point to the fact that he cant shoot! But the primary job of a P. Guard is to handle the ball and bring the ball up court which is what he does best and plus he makes great baskets when they are needed.

You beat me to it... So Kidd can't shoot, you don't want your PG to shoot, you want him to be able to make the other people on the floor better...
Kidd was the big reason that New Jersey is what it is, true Kmart and Jrich are playin well, but he is makin them play well... And it is not like Steph was playin bad, he was an all-star, but he made himself look good, not the four other people on the court.
He's unselfish, has great vision, a great passer, and he is quick. That is what you want in a PG.

hero = dirk
06-19-2003, 12:45 AM
ya i don't think it's that bad of a trade for sac. it could be good for them... maybe kidd would work well w/ webber??? hmm who knows. interesting idea.

Mandyahl
06-19-2003, 12:50 AM
maybe kidd would work well with webber, but it seems like a pg who can shoot works better in that system because webber can get a double team and then kick it out to the open man. that's how bibby becames so overrated there- by making those open shots. with the passing skills of both webber and divac, the kings don't need a pg that can pass as much as they need one that can shoot, at least in their current system. i'm not saying that the kings wouldn't be better with kidd than they are with bibby, but they would definitely have to change their game plan.