PDA

View Full Version : Indiana expected to re-sign O'Neal

mavsfanforever
06-18-2003, 07:19 PM
Indiana expected to re-sign O'Neal

There has been much talk about 6-11 Jermaine O'Neal's free-agent future, but agent Bill Duffy is convinced there's no chance Indiana's center-forward will end up in Dallas or San Antonio. Duffy represents a passel of NBA players, including the Mavericks' Steve Nash.

E-mail esefko@dallasnews.com.

Isn't he an agent for Olowakandi also.

Mandyahl
06-18-2003, 07:22 PM
yeah, he's olowokandi's agent, too.

hero = dirk
06-19-2003, 12:47 AM
ya see that's what i've been saying the whole time. indiana definitely doesn't want to lose JO... i think they'd do almost anything to keep him there.

Mandyahl
06-19-2003, 12:55 AM
as long as they keep him out of san antonio...

Morphgizmo
06-19-2003, 01:43 AM
The author has a very sneaky way implying that Duffy is JO's agent.

Duffy was simply offering his biased opinion, and the author made it news-worthy by tricking you into thinking he was his agent. But he's not. A guy by the name of Arn Tellem is JO's agent.

Of course Duffy wants GM's to think that JO is staying in Pacerland! That leaves more potential dollars for his client, Kandiman. The reason he specifically mentioned Dallas and SA is because both are in the market for a big man this summer. If Nellie and Pop think that JO is staying in Indiana, then Kandi (Duffy's client) gets a bidding war between Dallas and San Antonio.

You guys need to start watching some of your local news hacks. They are getting pretty sneaky.

Mandyahl
06-19-2003, 02:09 AM
wow, morph, i was totally fooled. thanks for pointing this out.