PDA

View Full Version : Sam Smith's latest "I'm on crack" Trade

OutletPass
06-20-2003, 11:25 AM
Smith is projecting 5 draft day trades...here's ours...and, yes, I don't believe a word that this idiot says...just thought I'd post the one involving the Mavs, for what it's worth. It sure looks like Bosh is the one we're after. Chad Ford at ESPN concurs.

5. Antonio Davis, Eric Montross, Lamond Murray and Nate Huffman and Toronto's fourth overall pick to Dallas for Raef LaFrentz and Nick Van Exel. Davis is the tough guy and post presence the Mavericks need. He's a little small for the Western Conference, but he's rugged and can battle the bigger forwards in the West. The Mavs also get the Raptors' No. 4 overall pick and a bunch of their excess to match up salaries, including Montross, Murray and Huffman. In exchange, the Raptors get perimeter-shooting big man LaFrentz and point guard Van Exel. With Vince Carter, the Raptors believe they can make a run if they support him with another offensive force, which Van Exel can be. Plus, Toronto needs a point guard who can be a leader. LaFrentz fits better in the East and the Raptors still have role-playing depth with Alvin Williams and Jerome Williams.

Blonde Bomber
06-20-2003, 11:45 AM
He might be on crack but I would do that trade in a second..

I would love to get Bosh in here and let him blossum. Murray would not be a bad option off the bench either. Davis also fits a need for this team.

Huffman and Montross fill nothing for this team though..

OutletPass
06-20-2003, 11:56 AM

That's the problem that I have with it. Why take them on...it's just toronto dumping garbage on us.

We MAY work a deal with Toronto and, yes, i'd love Bosh and AD and Murray might help....but nothing this guy says EVER comes true. He's too much like vecsey for me.

Chicago JK
06-20-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by: OutletPass

That's the problem that I have with it. Why take them on...it's just toronto dumping garbage on us.

We MAY work a deal with Toronto and, yes, i'd love Bosh and AD and Murray might help....but nothing this guy says EVER comes true. He's too much like vecsey for me.

Yep, he is a fantasy trader. He is Vescey without the insults.

Fidel
06-20-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by: OutletPass

Yes Huffman and Montross are garbage. But it might require taking some garbage to get Bosh, Davis, Murray for for Nick and Reaf. Obviously Bosh is the key. Hes a bit of a gamble but he might be great in a couple years. And then Nick and Reaf would be a very good deal for him plus Davis and Murray who can help now. So Id take the garbage that comes with it.

one long blue sock
06-20-2003, 04:07 PM
I would take it if we got JYD, but i dont think we would get Jerome if we got Davis and Bosh. Though we could always do a 3-way trade to dump Davis somewhere without SARS.

Mandyahl
06-20-2003, 04:09 PM
i like this one more than the raef and nash trade here (http://www.dallas-mavs.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=2&threadid=10107)

one long blue sock
06-20-2003, 04:19 PM
Who would wanna give up Nash when we could Van Exel, Nash and Dirk ARE the Mavericks.

jayC
06-20-2003, 07:22 PM
If the point of the trade is to get more athletic and physical up front you did exactly that with bosh and davis. Everyone is kind of smokin crack at this time of year, because after the third pick their aren't many sure things. And I don't have to mess with breaking up the big three well thats a great deal. We still would have avery to dangle if some team wants extra cap room next year.

Everyone would love to get garbage for treasure but that hardly ever happens in the nba. Davis's contract expires in three years and bosh would then be able to take his spot in the rotation.

Raef is like John Rocker minus the racism he has the ability but not the head for the game. Bradley is a great backup center. Donnie hinted today on bad radio that the mavs might be movin up in the draft for what ever thats worth.

Mandyahl
06-20-2003, 10:24 PM
if we have to give up nash to move up, i wouldn't do it. if we have to give up nve, i would have to think about it, but i would probably do it.