PDA

View Full Version : new trade rumor from hoopsworld

Tony tha Mavs fan
06-26-2003, 03:24 PM
SPREE BETTER PACK: If someone sees Latrell Sprewell today, tell him to pack…word has it if Scott Layden can’t move Spree tonight, he’ll be gone before training camp. There has been a lot of talk of a three-team trade involving Toronto, Miami, and New York, in which Spree becomes a Raptor, the Knicks get TJ Ford and an unfavorable contract from Miami (Brian Grant?), with Miami getting Chris Bosh and Antonio Davis. It is assumed Toronto gets the #9 from New York, but the rumor as was explained to me did not feature it. Either way, it seems the Spree days in New York are over…

I was wondering why don't the Mavs jump into this and get rid of raef to New York for Spree and the number 9 and draft Pietrus

Mandyahl
06-26-2003, 03:37 PM
would the knicks trade spree and the number nine for just raef?

Drbio
06-26-2003, 03:39 PM
Why would anyone trade for Spree? THe Knicks have been trying to dump him for a long time with no takers. You couldn't get a bag of chips and a soda for him. His trade value is not that great. It's just that he is the best of the crap that is the Knicks roster.

Stressboy
06-26-2003, 03:55 PM
If we trade Fin, I would trade for Spree. That trade is hard to understand, but I guess it works for all parties if Toronto gets 9. Seems crazy to trade BG for AD to get the pick, but you have to do it for the salaries to match up. I think it works well for all parties. I think NY has should give up one more 2nd round pick to Toronto, just because they should overpay to move spree and get the guy they want in Ford.