PDA

View Full Version : Drafts that made no sense

Nash13
06-27-2003, 12:02 PM
LAC- Chris Kaman. Why? Ok, Olowakandi maybe leaving, but you have a lot of young depth. They needed a 2 guard like Wade.

MIL- TJ Ford- huh? With the probability that Payton will resign, you will already have two point guards.

GS- Pietrus- this makes more sense than people think, but i still wouldn't have done it. I know Richardson is having his legal problems and all of that, plus they could use a back up at the 2 that can put points on the board, but Richardson is going to soak up a lot of minutes, and that will leave little room for Pietrus.

Boston- trading Troy Bell and Duantey Jones- why on earth? Troy bell, his senior year, averaged 25ppg in the Big East conference. And Duantey Jones(i probably misspelled his name) was the runner up for ACC player of the year to Our Josh Howard.

Knicks- Mike Sweetney- this draft made sense, but Nick Collison would have made a little more sense. The Knicks already have too many undersized Forwards and Centers, and Mike Sweetney will join that list.

That's all i can think of off the top of my head.

Mandyahl
06-27-2003, 12:05 PM
well, the boston thing was weird in general because both of those guys were projected to go in the second round, and then they were picked at 16 and 20.

Tony tha Mavs fan
06-27-2003, 12:30 PM
GS - The Pietrus pick didn't make any sense to me at all, they've got Welsh, J.rich, Sura , Dunleavy playing the same position. Unless they are trying to sign and trade to get some cap room to sign Arenas or trade for another Point guard.

The Boston and Memphis trade was the weirdest i've seen, since they could have just stayed with the picks they had and still drafted the same players they traded for.

Chicago taking Kirk Hinrich instead of Mikel Pietrus made no sense to me unless you plan on play jamal crawford at SG, which i dont think they will do that , when Crawford makes a great Point Guard.

And Chris Kaman going that high makes no sense to me , why take another sean rooks when you already have him on your roster
?i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Mandyahl
06-27-2003, 12:46 PM
well, maybe chicago is thinking that hinrich can play sg and backup pg now that williams is injured.

ClipFan
06-27-2003, 05:05 PM
Chris Kaman is 7ft, something Rooks is not. And Wade, did you watch the draft? He was chosen one sport before the Clippers. The Clippers needed a center since he is pretty much out the door. They also have Richardson, Dooling, and Jaric who can all play the 2. Chris Kaman will be a solid center in the league. His size will help him, he has great post movies, is very athletic, and can shoot with either hand.

steponhens
06-27-2003, 07:43 PM
I liked the Bucks draft even before they traded Cassell away. Everyone knew that one of their point guards were gone. Also, he is exactly what the Bucks needed. I can't wait to see him running a fast break with Desmond Mason and Tim Thomas looking to finish, with Micheal Redd waiting at the three point line. It is going to be awesome.